RD 2, Pick 54: DE AJ Epenesa, University of Iowa

SDS

13 minutes ago, MJS said:

You do realize that you are acting like a cry baby, right? Bills don't take the guy you wanted so you are throwing a fit? I see that attitude all too much from my toddler children.

Point to the “fit” I threw. Lol

The responsive histrionics are strong. 

2 minutes ago, TJC25 said:

Yes and beane delivered. Diggs was our first round pick and many people forget that. Dobbins decent pick but value wise Beane made the right call. 

I saw value in points scored.  I thought Dobbins was the obvious value play in that regard.  

think they significantly  improved the team  Diggs huge upgrade for the wr core.  Epenesa will replace Shaq as the strong side end and can kick inside against pass heavy teams.  Moss will be an upgrade over what we got out of Gore  All are going to contribute day 1  Love we stopped reaching for projects

How many Buffalo home games played in snow last 10 years?  How many games in snow played by this kid...or really anyone on this D ever?

Snow isn’t a factor 

You can’t see the forest through the  trees. That’s to bad.  

Edited by Bob in STL

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

still going on with that kid Matos (drafted tonight) and his crew

How many Buffalo home games played in snow last 10 years?  How many games in snow played by this kid...or really anyone on this D ever?

Snow isn’t a factor 

Not sure what this means at all in relation to what I said, in relation to what you said.  Child molestation is not really a joke at all in any way.  Not sure what you are saying.

Speaking of lazy takes, here is mine.  Guys with double letter first names haven't done well in Buffalo. Hope Epenesa breaks that long trend

JP Losman

CJ Spiller

TJ Graham

EJ Manuel

AJ McCarron

*why the heck do they all have J as one of the two letters?  (I need more Bourbon and some sleep)

Edited by Fan in Chicago

30 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Our biggest need (by far) was to get a solid RT so we could move Ford to G. We haven't done anything about that yet. Epenesa, from everything I've read, will be an average DE. T Murphy is an average DE. I like our new RB, though. Not great vision like DS, but a tough downhill runner with good speed and soft hands. I still think day 2 was too soon to draft a backup RB, but so be it. It's too late to draft a starting caliber RT, so it looks like Allen will be facing a lot of pressure again and he handles pressure very poorly. I am not a big Beane fan after this offseason. With a much tougher schedule than last year, I can see this team winning 2 or 3 fewer games this coming season. That will have the TBD crowd calling for heads to roll.

You make the weirdest posts on here.

A players career will 100% be based on what you believe his scouting report reads.  Geezus dude.

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Our biggest need (by far) was to get a solid RT so we could move Ford to G. We haven't done anything about that yet. Epenesa, from everything I've read, will be an average DE. T Murphy is an average DE. I like our new RB, though. Not great vision like DS, but a tough downhill runner with good speed and soft hands. I still think day 2 was too soon to draft a backup RB, but so be it. It's too late to draft a starting caliber RT, so it looks like Allen will be facing a lot of pressure again and he handles pressure very poorly. I am not a big Beane fan after this offseason. With a much tougher schedule than last year, I can see this team winning 2 or 3 fewer games this coming season. That will have the TBD crowd calling for heads to roll.

I agree it will likely be much tougher sledding next year due to schedule, even considering Pats. I disagree re McBeane. They've done a good job addressing needs the last two off seasons. Let's not forget where we were in Jan 2019. Now we have a championship caliber defense, and have added a number of smart signings and trades on offense. If we're not a playoff team it'll be because we messed up at QB, not RT. No team is perfect on both sides of the ball. 

Was Cody Ford the right pick last year? I would tend to agree he was not, but I think he deserves the opportunity to come into camp and fight for his spot and show improvement in year two. Nsekhe is a very capable plan b. I've said this in other places including this thread, but I'd much rather we draft to our areas of expertise (defense) and add known commodities in the areas we're not as capable (offense). Asking McBeane to draft another OT after kinda, sorta messing up the last one is just asking for trouble. 

Edited by VW82

I was really hoping we would take Denzel Mims here, but hopefully AJ turns into a great DE.  

We needed an EDGE.  He looks big and strong, so he will be able to stand up at the point of attack I think.

Beane being Beane. ?

McBeane is far from infallible, but I trust them to select defensive talent. AJ is a late second round pick with early second round grades and skills. He will be a rotational DE and provides youth and power at a position of need. I can’t find fault in this pick

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The pass rush is going to come via the interior..... they will be strong rushing the passer up the middle. I worry about the edge.

I like Addison to add some more pressure off the Edge and AJ adds some depth, I think Hughes also has one more solid year left. Murphy also is a rotational player. 

I like AJ more as a future piece than for short term impact but the depth a flexibility he provides is helpful.