RD 2, Pick 54: DE AJ Epenesa, University of Iowa

SDS

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I dont know why you would go there. You randomly asked me if I went there so I figured you went there.  What was the point of bringing up Penn State then?  

Joking...you were triggered by the word "insert" so I figured you were traumatized.  Penn State is still the perviest locker room in Div1, so....I took a guess

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Joking...you were triggered by the word "insert" so I figured you were traumatized.  Penn State is still the perviest locker room in Div1, so....I took a guess

Ah gotcha.  I personally am not traumatized but I do feel very badly for those young kids that were sexually molested and had their lives ruined as part of the Penn State scandal.

43 minutes ago, Paulus said:

20. EDGE A.J. EPENESA, IOWA

There hasn't been a true power end prospect like Epenesa in quite some time. He won't have the burst or agility of other top prospects, but he's got an elite physical skill set for the position in his own right.

A+ and suck it. Didn't think he'd be here. 

Yes. For Buffalo to win and advance in the playoffs we need home field advantage.  We play in cold and snow.  A solid DE that gets to the passer PLUS stops the run is invaluable in our house.  This kid could be that player that makes a difference in that  environment.  I am happy with the pick.  

Our biggest need (by far) was to get a solid RT so we could move Ford to G. We haven't done anything about that yet. Epenesa, from everything I've read, will be an average DE. T Murphy is an average DE. I like our new RB, though. Not great vision like DS, but a tough downhill runner with good speed and soft hands. I still think day 2 was too soon to draft a backup RB, but so be it. It's too late to draft a starting caliber RT, so it looks like Allen will be facing a lot of pressure again and he handles pressure very poorly. I am not a big Beane fan after this offseason. With a much tougher schedule than last year, I can see this team winning 2 or 3 fewer games this coming season. That will have the TBD crowd calling for heads to roll.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GreggTX said:

Our biggest need (by far) was to get a solid RT so we could move Ford to G. We haven't done anything about that yet. Epenesa, from everything I've read, will be an average DE. T Murphy is an average DE. I like our new RB, though. Not great vision like DS, but a tough downhill runner with good speed and soft hands. I still think day 2 was too soon to draft a backup RB, but so be it. It's too late to draft a starting caliber RT, so it looks like Allen will be facing a lot of pressure again and he handles pressure very poorly. I am not a big Beane fan after this offseason. With a much tougher schedule than last year, I can see this team winning 2 or 3 fewer games this coming season. That will have the TBD crowd calling for heads to roll.

What about Daryl Williams or a healthy Nsekhe to push Ford?

38 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Dobbins.  Your laziness in intellect matches your laziness in keeping up with conversations you insist on inserting yourself into.

You do realize that you are acting like a cry baby, right? Bills don't take the guy you wanted so you are throwing a fit? I see that attitude all too much from my toddler children.

1 minute ago, GreggTX said:

If that truly was our biggest need, Beane would’ve addressed it.  

Seems you think it was.... you also seem to think the 2019 Bills will be playing this years schedule. 

2 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Lol! You READ about the guy, haven't even watched him, and you think you know that he will be an average DE? That's comedy gold right there.

Next time at least claim to have watched his highlights.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Ah gotcha.  I personally am not traumatized but I do feel very badly for those young kids that were sexually molested and had their lives ruined as part of the Penn State scandal.

still going on with that kid Matos (drafted tonight) and his crew

18 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Yes. For Buffalo to win and advance in the playoffs we need home field advantage.  We play in cold and snow.  A solid DE that gets to the passer PLUS stops the run is invaluable in our house.  This kid could be that player that makes a difference in that  environment.  I am happy with the pick.  

How many Buffalo home games played in snow last 10 years?  How many games in snow played by this kid...or really anyone on this D ever?

Snow isn’t a factor 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

So you think think when Beane said the Bills need to score more points...you think he was wrong?  Right? Lying?

I can't tell from your post.

Yes and beane delivered. Diggs was our first round pick and many people forget that. Dobbins decent pick but value wise Beane made the right call.