RD 2, Pick 54: DE AJ Epenesa, University of Iowa

SDS

15 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

No team has three true #1 caliber receivers just lying around.   Diggs is a #1, Brown and Beasley are good options and 2 and 3.   Many non Bills fans think that this is one of the better trios out there.  Keep in mind what we had at the position in 2017 and 2018.  

We do need a running back at some point, but many good running backs have been drafted in the mid rounds.  

As far as Epenasa, seems safe and not flashy, but McDermott and Beane a good track record on picks so far, so I trust them on this

Don’t waste your time, arguing is a pastime for WEO.

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

At the end of the day, the Bills’ top remaining need after acquiring Diggs was an edge player.

They got one who many thought would go in round 1, who had great college production.

His floor is Shaq Lawson, his ceiling is Cam Jordan. He was the legit BPA. DE is a higher value position than HB. It just is.

Whats not to like?

Sorry, I just feel like we drafted Chris Kelsay.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Brown has been around for 6 years and barely hit 1000 yards twice. For a team's leading receiver, that's nothing these days.   Singletary had one 100 yard game over the last 8 games.

Ok...everyone is great.  Just because.

As I said if you want to be a pessimist I can't argue. Our Offense is much better then the numbers show and our defense is what the numbers show 

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

His combine had no bearing on my take as we have to take the underwear olympics with a grain of salt. It’s just that little about his game jumped out at me when I watched his games and video. I think he can be a passable rotation player, and that DOES have value in this defense, but he’s not an explosive pass rusher who is going to make impact plays. Dependable players have their place, though. 

Fair enough, but the combine numbers perfectly align with the player I see on tape.

I think he'll be a solid contributor, but to say his floor is Lawson is a bit hyperbolic. I've heard that a few times already. 

If he's Lawson, it will have been an excellent pick. 

To the "explosive pass rusher who'll make impact plays," that's my number 1 gripe here. The front 7 is STACKED with solid players. I was hoping they'd draft a guy I felt confident could at least compete with the Desaun Watson's of the world coming off the edge.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I hate being challenged like this?- Brown is  great(top 20 in entire NFL) and Beasley is good. Arguing Diggs is not great means you think only a few  WR are great. Singletary is great and I will state based on last 8 games last year. I will also state that no one drafted at 54 will be a starter on this team this year without injury. Lastly many people are predicting Buffalo to the SB next year due to our offense being better, so the hyperbole is not just me but several non Bills fans.

The D was top 2/3 last year and they didn't come close to the SB.  If their 2nd round pick keeps their D at that same high level, how does the  get them to the SB?

4 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

I’m happy with it. If they’re allowed to keep 55 on the roster as opposed to 53, I could see them keeping 10 defensive linemen.

I was not expecting it, but personally I love it.

DE:

Hughes

Addison

Epenesa 

Murphy

D. Johnson

DT:

Oliver

Lotulelei

Phillips

Jefferson

Butler

I didn't even think about the 55 man roster!

Beane playing 4  D chess out here!

I'm also curious about all the people complaining about not using our 2nd to get a RB to back up our 3rd rounder...

I'm going to go out on a limb here...now stay with me on this one cuz I know it sounds crazy...we can back up our 3rd rounder with ANOTHER 3rd or even a 4th rounder.  Just a crazy thought but it just might work.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

As I said if you want to be a pessimist I can't argue. Our Offense is much better then the numbers show and our defense is what the numbers show 

The GM completely disagrees with you.  Why would I believe you over Beane?

The comparisons to Lawson are off the point. He was an overreach. A decision made by a less than competent regime. This is a potential steal in the second round. Besides, with only one legitimate star in Tre White, the brain trust has already put together a top defense.  I trust the process!  

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The D was top 2/3 last year and they didn't come close to the SB.  If their 2nd round pick keeps their D at that same high level, how does the  get them to the SB?

D was fantastic, but the DL was a bit lacking.   That was addressed this offseason. 

OL has a full year of continuity. Ford is no longer a rookie. 

Diggs is generally considered a Top 10 WR. Brown is a Top 10 #2.  Cole Beasley is a very good slot.  

Knox is no longer a rookie at a position that usually takes time to transition.  

Singletary no longer a rookie, and we likely upgrade RB2 from what Gore gave us.  

Josh Allen - Year 3

WHAT DO YOU WANT!?!?

Heaven help me if you say Denzel friggin Mims...

• Like (+1) 3