RD 2, Pick 54: DE AJ Epenesa, University of Iowa

SDS

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Diggs might be a great WR a some point.  Who are the other 2??  Brown and Beasley?  Come on.. 

Great RB?  He had 12.5 caries a game and even at that  led the league in % carries fumbled.

No team has three true #1 caliber receivers just lying around.   Diggs is a #1, Brown and Beasley are good options and 2 and 3.   Many non Bills fans think that this is one of the better trios out there.  Keep in mind what we had at the position in 2017 and 2018.  

We do need a running back at some point, but many good running backs have been drafted in the mid rounds.  

As far as Epenasa, seems safe and not flashy, but McDermott and Beane a good track record on picks so far, so I trust them on this

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

That would be good.  Aaron Schobel was one of our most underrated DE's ever, probably because he was a bright spot on an otherwise dismal team(s).

Aaron Schobel was a beast. He used to get crucified because he didn't "hold up well at the point of attack." I like DE's who fly after QB's, but that's just me.

15 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

For those of you hating the pick, watch these highlights then get back to me.

Reminds me of Mario Addison. This is such an amazing cess piece to add to an already scaryyyyy line. He lines up everywhere! How can you hate a DL that can make a day 1 impact at 54?! 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Stop. Bruce was all speed and deceptive power.  This guy is a plodder.  He will set the edge and be a solid replacement for Murphy by game 8.  He makes the front 7 younger.  

Still yime to get an OLB and RB

Never said nor dare compared him to my all time favorite Bill. Just threw out the measurables. 

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I love all the people saying they preferred someone else, or they don't like the pick, or they would have done x, y, z....I didn't realize there were so many unemployed NFL scouts/GMs here.  Pretty hilarious.

If any one of us actually knew anything we likely would be employed in the NFL.  Some folks know a bit, some don't.  But by and large none of us know squat about NFL talent evaluation.   If we did, we would be working in the NFL.  

Everyone's an expert these days.

Anyone still work for you?  Poor things!

My immediate reaction was unhappy, but I’m coming around to “meh.” They simply got a cheaper version of Shaq Lawson for four years. Several teams are doing the same thing by selecting players at positions they’ve let go. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Magox said:

I think people often mistake that if an end doesn’t have great speed they can’t be a good 10+ sack sort of guy.  That’s a fallacy, Epensa may not be fast but he has a good first step, really good technique and hand usage, strength , fantastic size, coaches son and really good production.  I think there is a good chance he will be a 10+ sack guy in the NFL.

Now you've got me worried. I've heard this before.

Fool me once ...

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

My immediate reaction was unhappy, but I’m coming around to “meh.” They simply got a cheaper version of Shaq Lawson for four years. Several teams are doing the same thing by selecting players at positions they’ve let go. 

::facepalm::