RD 2, Pick 54: DE AJ Epenesa, University of Iowa

SDS

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

OC is a straight up bum.

Allen deserves better.

I would argue it's unclear, but I do think Allen and Daboll are a terrible fit. That said, we backed up the brinks truck for Morse and signed / traded for high IQ receivers to run a read and react system. Moving to a run / play action system better suited to Allen would require a lot of change beyond just finding a new OC. 

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Schobel

That would be good.  Aaron Schobel was one of our most underrated DE's ever, probably because he was a bright spot on an otherwise dismal team(s).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I love all the people saying they preferred someone else, or they don't like the pick, or they would have done x, y, z....I didn't realize there were so many unemployed NFL scouts/GMs here.  Pretty hilarious.

If any one of us actually knew anything we likely would be employed in the NFL.  Some folks know a bit, some don't.  But by and large none of us know squat about NFL talent evaluation.   If we did, we would be working in the NFL.  

Everyone's an expert these days.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Diggs might be a great WR a some point.  Who are the other 2??  Brown and Beasley?  Come on.. 

Great RB?  He had 12.5 caries a game and even at that  led the league in % carries fumbled.

Diggs MIGHT be great at some point?  What are you on?

And Singletary was a OROTY candidate.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Timmy said:

Wow- I will not argue because if you are always going to be a pessimist I can't win- 10-6 then without any good players on offense is your argument?

Come on....back up your post! No need to run away.  No one is regarding Brown and Beasley as "possibly great"---a d that's OK. And Singletary has a LONG way to go to be considered such.  All of this is obvious.  No need for silly hyperbole.

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Or maybe his poor combine is because he's not that good and the reason he fell. We basically just drafted Chris Kelsay.....yay

The young men don't play track and field.  They play football.  He's played at a high level throughout his career.  We shall see

how it goes, but there is no reason to be negative on the pick.

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Diggs might be a great WR a some point.  Who are the other 2??  Brown and Beasley?  Come on.. 

Great RB?  He had 12.5 caries a game and even at that  led the league in % carries fumbled.

Diggs is a very good WR RIGHT NOW

Brown is a excellent number 2

Bease is a excellent 3

OUr draft is not over

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, 1ManRaid said:

So the same situation as the other 31 teams in the league?  

Name 10 teams who have a better skill position corps than Diggs/Brown/Beasley and Singletary.  Getting tired of you doom and gloomers who piss and moan unless we have All Pros for third stringers.

I don't see anyone doom and gloom as you put it. I think we are having a legit debate on the pick. Both sides of the argument have valid points. Time will tell who is right. For me, I want offensive weapons. The more the better. However, we do have a glaring need at the edge. Truthfully, Beane has been pretty solid and he has earned my trust.

6 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

You cant cite a percentage and knock that it's based on few carries per game...it's a proportion. If you had said he led the league in fumbles even at 12.5 carries a game it would have made sense. 

He needs to clean it up regardless. 

He doesn't carry much.  He fumbles a lot.  That's simpler I think

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

No need for silly hyperbole.

then why are you using so much of it? Diggs is what you *hope* a rookie WR turns into, but you want to draft a chance at becoming Diggs...just curious, what magic stats and ranking makes a WR "Great"?

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, VW82 said:

I'm a big fan of guys who dominate in multiple sports. The fact he was all state in football, basketball, discus, etc. bodes well. Shades of Big Kyle? 

actually his draft profile reads a lot like kyles...nothing fancy...smart player..multi sports talented....   uber dependable and plays 100% to the last second

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, ColeB said:

Yet, McDermott says they need to be a run-based offense.

Is that what he said, or did he say they need to be able to establish the run? I bet it's the latter. Clearly they're team building with the idea that their offensive identity will be through their passing game. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

then why are you using so much of it? Diggs is what you *hope* a rookie WR turns into, but you want to draft a chance at becoming Diggs...just curious, what magic stats and ranking makes a WR "Great"?

I'm not the one calling Brown, Beasely, Singletary possibly great so I can't answer