RD 2, Pick 54: DE AJ Epenesa, University of Iowa

SDS

41 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

Wow. What a bummer of a pick. Don’t think he has much potential beyond a solid starter. 

Teams need solid starters. That’s a GOOD thing.

I agree, not sexy, but if he’s solid and it helps prevent those stretches where the ball get shoved down our throats and we have no answers, I’ll take that as a positive. We had to get younger and cheaper at DE. This accomplishes that to some degree. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

If DE was gonna be the choice I would've rather had Baun,  could have easily filled the lorax role on this D. Epesnesa is a poor man's J J watt he's a good player and im happy to have him but I think we could have done better. I just hope Singletary or Diggs don't get injured. Then where will be by not being proactive, instead reactive. 

36 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Exactly.

If the Bills listened to the crowd here, we’d draft nothing but WRs and RBs who were on TV a lot the prior year.

Exactly! Thank you for saying that! It was a solid choice and great fit for the Bills. One of three players I wanted.

The other two were Dobbins and Mims. ;)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

I can already see the panic settling in when we get a few injuries on offense and Allen is throwing to backyard football practice squad players

I am already seeing the relief when we take an injury or 2 to our defense and it remains strong because Beane was smart enough to draft a 1st round talent player in the 2nd round

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

For those of you hating the pick, watch these highlights then get back to me.

Every player's highlights look great. But that dude looks like an animal - relentless.

Thanks for posting that.

Just now, KD in CA said:

Didn’t help that Philly took Hurts the pick before.  TV was going to blab about him endlessly no matter when he was picked.

My favorite part of that whole thing was TV trying to pretend they drafted him to be Taysom Hill, like they drafted him in the 2nd round to catch passes and play special teams.  What a joke.

4 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

I can already see the panic settling in when we get a few injuries on offense and Allen is throwing to backyard football practice squad players

Maybe we can turn AJ into a TE. Probably not with that 5.1 40. When guys describe him as plodding they're not wrong. And as far as strength, AJ had as many reps as Mims. Mims will be a stud for our rival.

• Haha (+1) 1

Weirdos... we weren’t going to take a rb in the 2nd. What are you thinking? We have a starter ( who was picked in the 3rd) and need a compliment back to take some carries. You wanted this in the 2nd round???? Makes zero sense. None. Youth at DE rotation was our biggest need. Youth at wr is another need for example. Crazy how some people cannot understand These simple concepts

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It’s very frustrating.

The priority is always defense over offense.

That is ridiculous- we have 3 good to great recievers, a great running back, a QB who is expected to be great and lots of depth along the line. The offense does not get priority in drafting but in free agency.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Maybe we can turn AJ into a TE. Probably not with that 5.1 40. When guys describe him as plodding they're not wrong. And as far as strength, AJ had as many reps as Mims. Mims will be a stud for our rival.

Cool maybe you should buy a Darnold jersey as well.  I'd be willing to bet you posting on this board that the Bills will still have a better record than the Jets this year.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1