RD 2, Pick 54: DE AJ Epenesa, University of Iowa

SDS

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Im not saying not to take a WR there, but people are upset about AJ as if we NEEDED a WR there.  DE was a bigger need and AJ was the BPA on the board IMO.  

This is also a deep WR class there will be good options to add a skill position player in round 3

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bills allowed 16 ppg last year.  How does this pick move that needle?

The starting Des are over 30.  He is 21.  In a powet 5 conferance he flashed the ability to dominate.  

Edited by Mat68

With Epenesa, if you're expecting him to become a Pro Bowler, which for some reason is what every Bills fan expects when we take DEs in the 2nd round, you're probably going to be disappointed. But if you want someone who can be part of our rotation for the next decade and help stop the run, I think he's a pretty good pick. Much rather get that type of player at 54 than at 19 like Shaq.

The fact is we eventually need to replace both Hughes and Addison, one player wasn't going to replace both. There will be more work to do next year, but there was going to be either way.

#androk

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

So weird that people are upset with this pick.

Buffalo only had one glaring need after we acquired Diggs: 

DE

I don't watch much college ball, but I know this kid was being mocked to us in the 1st. Sounds like he's ultra talented but just didn't play a ton in college.

If we don't draft another player, I'm excited about this team.

Those clamoring for us to draft an RB like Dobbins in round 2 are missing the value of RBs and the gems you can get from smaller schools later: see Devon Singletary.

And who knows? Maybe McDermott and Beane are happier with the RB room than we are. Maybe they saw Wade really progress in his learning of the NFL game last year?

I'm almost expecting OL in round 3.

Other posts really disagree. But this one as Bill's fan come together. Ya agree man. I really like this draft pick. 

21 minutes ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

I like the pick. Reminds me of Jared Allen. Has room to add weight and still be fluid. Doesn’t do one thing outstanding but is a gamer. 

Add weight? I think he goes 290 lbs. What did Bruce Smith weigh in at? 

13 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Clear cut double-digit sack guys generally aren’t available at #54.

If he turns out to be Shaq Lawson without the four year development plan, I’ll be pretty happy.

Sorry I would have rather of kept Shaq and taken chance on somebody who can it really help us more this year or develop into a great pass rusher.