RD 2, Pick 54: DE AJ Epenesa, University of Iowa

SDS

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

No one in the history has ever been better than what their scouting report said.

of course they have.  but the negative traits are concerning.  you don’t suddenly gain game speed.  he seems more DT than DE.   

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Is it a ***** LAW that the network has to go to commercial whenever the Bills pick? This is like the millionth year in a row.

World didn’t get to see Beane’s dope draft cave!

They spent 30 mins on Hurts. I was super annoyed the next QB came off right before our pick. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

I think this was a pick that has “cap space” written all over it. I doubt Trent Murphy is a Bill this fall.

The Bills do not have cap issues (20m+ left) and will not be cutting Murphy. Now, they won’t resign him after this year but won’t cut him now

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, billsbackto81 said:

Not upgrade but we can use a complimentary player at RB to go with Devin. Easily acquired through FA. I get a feeling Fournette or Hyde will be a Bill soon.

I would call Jags and offer our 5th right now, if Beane has not already.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

He takes Shaq's place. Is he a good edge setter or more of a pass rusher? 

He is an edge disrupter . With good rush moves and a bullrush

He won't blow by you but will win at the point of attack at the LoS. Had great size and length

I would have liked Dobbins as well but from a long term and cap space stance this is an excellent pick. Look at the way the NFL is going, how much are we paying for decent play from Murphy, and RBs are a dime a dozen these days. Getting a starting DE on a rookie contract is delicious. 

• Like (+1) 1

We went from Jordan Phillips, Shaq Lawson and filler guys, replaced with Vernon Butler, Mario Addison, Quinton Jefferson and AJ Epenesa.... oh, and Harry will be back.  

This DL may not have an elite guy yet, but they are loaded. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

I can't help it be underwhelmed. This guy is not going to be the sack master and pressure the quarterback guy we need. Seems like he's Shaq Lawson 2.0.  

I'll take Shaq Lawson 2.0 all day at pick 54...especially when we need young guys at the position.