RD 2, Pick 54: DE AJ Epenesa, University of Iowa

SDS

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Safe pick for a milquetoast regime.

In which decade are we going to try to score points?

Huh?  

Where do we need an upgrade on offense?  Why are people so freaking out about offense?  Our top 3 WR's are LOCKED.  No rookie is getting time.  We already have a young TE in Knox, and another in Sweeney.  Our OL is well stocked.  We have a lead RB and our QB.  

So can someone please explain to me why everyone is so panicked about the offense?  The ONLY thing we need is a COMPLIMENT to Devin.  We have a STARTING RB.  

There are a TON of RB's on the board and one will certainly be there in the 3rd.

Yet at DE, our starters are a combined 66 years old.  AJ Espensa is a first round grade who we got at pick 54 at a big position of need, especially going forward after just this next year.  

• Like (+1) 25
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Great pick. Epenesa is a beast 

Yup. This shows that Beane and Co are listening to me...I think AJ will be an exceptional pro. 

Edited by Bakin

If the Patriots got him this board would not be happy.

Mims = Josh Doctson

Don't NEED an RB

Can get LBs or CBs later in draft or off the street when it comes to this team.  

DEs don't grow on trees.  

This was a great pick.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

As long as we're the 16 side I'm good with it. 

As of now, we have an offense that can't score enough points to beat good teams, no matter how good our defense is, and we aren't going to replace the QB.  Adding one WR is not enough.  

5 minutes ago, Etsh said:

Love it that the Bills no longer overthink things and outsmart themselves 

Exactly.

If the Bills listened to the crowd here, we’d draft nothing but WRs and RBs who were on TV a lot the prior year.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Felt like he'd be the pick with the way the board fell. He's a McBeane Special. Blue collar, nothing crazy spectacular but does everything well, has position versatility, etc. I'm good with it. DL looks pretty good...

Hughes, Murphy, Addison, Lotulelei, Oliver, Butler, Jefferson, Epenesa.

3 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

Backup to who? You have not need 2 high draft picks when you need to throw the ball more... Come in man learn how to play 

huh?   backup caliber likely.  he lacks speed and bend for end.  perhaps he is DT next to Oliver.