Trump In the Pocket of China Like PPP Cultists are in the Pocket of Trump

3 hours ago, Albwan said:

Also, once again, the left steals because they are empty shells simply incapable of original 

thought.

Clearly group think surrounding one thought "orangemanbad" is way more cultist than garys

daydreams of his hated ppp posters.

Plus his thoughts of Trump always seem to drift towards a certain body part "Trumps pocket"

Does the right constantly using this phrase count as group think?  At least it's not "This is how you got Trump."

What's interesting is when Trump does say something stupid the jerk reaction for posters on here is to seek out the media's overreaction to it instead of just saying, "Yeah. That was a really dumb thing to say."

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

I gotta ask. What are you looking for in his taxes?  Is there a specific schedule you really want to see?   I'd just like to know what dirt you expect to uncover in his returns?  

He owns a Chinese restaurant.

Edited by Wacka

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Does the right constantly using this phrase count as group think?  At least it's not "This is how you got Trump."

What's interesting is when Trump does say something stupid the jerk reaction for posters on here is to seek out the media's overreaction to it instead of just saying, "Yeah. That was a really dumb thing to say."

What’s the point of saying he said something stupid to a political adversary?  Is there a halfway mark everyone is trying to meet at? 

The premise seems to be that everyone on the other side is honest, forthcoming and neutral.  It’s like prior presidents and other politicians don’t say stupid things, don’t lie/cheat steal and we have to start today, today to have open and honest dialogue so we can meet at some happy place.

i’ve inquired more than a few times to members of the board their thoughts on Trump-guilty-of-treason and Schiff-has-evidence-against-Trump-just-wait! and thoughts on how major media outlets so badly misread the story for 3 years.  I usually add in that the end game was laid out here, on a message board, 3 years ago.  See to me, if people are really having open dialogue, before I waste my time with “Trump said something stupid” I’m wondering how the heck someone could support an attempt to steal my vote and an effort to unseat the duly elected President. 

I ask the same questions to liberal friends.  I still don’t have an answer, but in fairness I’m pretty certain it was an attempted coup, so there’s not much middle ground to be had. 

as far as I am concerned...that’s why you get Trump. ?

45 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I would say no, because I think Trump supporters don’t have one unifying reason of why they like him. Not any single, unified reason. I’m not sure which Trump comment or statement you refer to , but for the most part I love seeing the overreaction and just how much a tizzy they work themselves into. It’s annoying that lots of people actually buy the response hook, line and sinker but still it’s entertaining. I love that Trump is unconventional and not PC. He puts these people in their place !  They’re arrogant and proselytizing, and  should be talked down to so they can be seen for what they really are. He can ramble at times, which isn’t my favorite thing about his style but I love how combative he is with these  LSM types. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I gotta ask. What are you looking for in his taxes?  Is there a specific schedule you really want to see?   I'd just like to know what dirt you expect to uncover in his returns?  

It's hilarious that they think that they'd even understand his taxes.

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

He owns a Chinese restaurant.

...that serves Russian dressing on its salads.

4 hours ago, BillStime said:

Once again - I can’t believe we have seen the First Ladies titz and not Trumps taxes. 

Of course you haven't, but all Trump supporters have! To access these files, and become a Trump supporter, all you have to do is go here:
https://secure.donaldjtrump.com/donate/

Donate $100 for every year you want to see, and they will send them to you forthwith! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

What’s the point of saying he said something stupid to a political adversary?  Is there a halfway mark everyone is trying to meet at? 

The premise seems to be that everyone on the other side is honest, forthcoming and neutral.  It’s like prior presidents and other politicians don’t say stupid things, don’t lie/cheat steal and we have to start today, today to have open and honest dialogue so we can meet at some happy place.

i’ve inquired more than a few times to members of the board their thoughts on Trump-guilty-of-treason and Schiff-has-evidence-against-Trump-just-wait! and thoughts on how major media outlets so badly misread the story for 3 years.  I usually add in that the end game was laid out here, on a message board, 3 years ago.  See to me, if people are really having open dialogue, before I waste my time with “Trump said something stupid” I’m wondering how the heck someone could support an attempt to steal my vote and an effort to unseat the duly elected President. 

I ask the same questions to liberal friends.  I still don’t have an answer, but in fairness I’m pretty certain it was an attempted coup, so there’s not much middle ground to be had. 

as far as I am concerned...that’s why you get Trump. ?

Fair enough.  I think most honest people would admit that the Trump Russia thing just didn't add up.  My main reasoning was the Trump campaign was way too dysfunctional and disorganized to pull any kind of collusion off.  The Trump/Ukraine situation was inappropriate but not impeachable based on the evidence presented.

I get bored with this forum unless something significant happens as it's basically right wing talking points by numerous posters (with some exceptions) combined with a few left wing trolls. This thread being a good example and the post about "group think" only being applied to the left gave me a chuckle.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Fair enough.  I think most honest people would admit that the Trump Russia thing just didn't add up.  My main reasoning was the Trump campaign was way too dysfunctional and disorganized to pull any kind of collusion off.  The Trump/Ukraine situation was inappropriate but not impeachable based on the evidence presented.

I get bored with this forum unless something significant happens as it's basically right wing talking points by numerous posters (with some exceptions) combined with a few left wing trolls. This thread being a good example and the post about "group think" only being applied to the left gave me a chuckle.

Here’s the thing from my perspective though. It’s not that it didn’t add up, the former head of the CIA accused him of treason, and pretty much across the board dem leadership did the same.  We’re here discussing it and you, a reasonable poster in my humble opinion, opined it’s actually Trump’s fault he wasn’t treasonous because he was too dopey to pull it off.  Not the danger of these games to our Republic, not the danger of accusing an individual (who is a natural target just because of his position) of treason, not the insanity of this particular fairy tale.  The natural question in my mind is if this is acceptable to you, and this is the next evolution of political wrangling, what’s next?   More troubling for me personally is if this is the new normal, what will I rationalize is acceptable for my candidates moving forward?    What’s after “treason” when dem voters are so hyper focused on knocking out the candidate 60m of their fellow citizens voted for that they accept it as business as usual? 

I felt the same about the Kav hearings, and the reality is that nothing really is off limits moving forward.  The stage is set, and with Chief Executioner and mudslinger Kamala Harris a potential VP candidate,   the game has to be played as such. That’s horrible.

Ukraine...politically acceptable to me for the dems to bring it up and push the envelope.  The hypocrisy of the whole thing with presumptive nominee Biden shaking down the Ukrainians to do his bidding, the incestuous nature of politics/nepotism and entitlement is a non-issue because it seems everyone does it.  I’d think that’s why the Rs brought it up originally, threw a little mud against the wall and nothing stuck.  Impeachment...another bridge too far.  

I spend time here because it helps me has things out.  I enjoy some of the humor, certainly enjoy some of the posts, and  enjoy interacting with like-minded people. I wouldn’t waste my time going to a pro-dem board, it would be a waste of my time.  

Anyway, have a good day. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Thank you (+1) 3

15 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I think the man won...am i missing something?

the thing is... he has so many sock puppet accounts, outside of the mods, how would one know if he stopped posting or not?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Shut down the media? Ok, lol 

No different than a popular reality show at the end of a successful run.  I wouldn’t advocate shuttering any institution, but continued acknowledgement of the generally false narrative is appropriate.  Use of social media and alternative outlets to bypass the spinsters is appropriate. That will eventually lead to the worst offenders being marginalized and placed in the rack with the a national enquirer. As they dwindle and eventually fade away, a strong and honest media will ultimately take its place. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Don't worry. Biden will get elected and all of your problems will be solved as everything will be free. China is our friend.

America will be in a better place, for sure 

22 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

No different than a popular reality show at the end of a successful run.  I wouldn’t advocate shuttering any institution, but continued acknowledgement of the generally false narrative is appropriate.  Use of social media and alternative outlets to bypass the spinsters is appropriate. That will eventually lead to the worst offenders being marginalized and placed in the rack with the a national enquirer. As they dwindle and eventually fade away, a strong and honest media will ultimately take its place. 

No, they are fine. I know a lot of people just want the news spun their way, but it can't work that way. 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Shut down the media? Ok, lol 

Most don’t call propaganda media. 

Here’s a great article on how the NYT’s is assisting China with its propaganda. 

“The pro-lock-down news­pa­per has been a leader in pro­mot­ing the fear that the U.S. would run well short of needed in­ten­sive-care fa­cil­i­ties. For­tunately this hasn’t come to pass and, if it ever does, let’s hope pub­lic of­fi­cials don’t de­cide that the so­lution is to set fire to Amer­i­ca’s econ­omy, which gen­er­ates the wealth to pro­vide health care for all Amer­i­cans.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/chinese-propaganda-and-the-panic-11587659071?emailToken=8e0c74fe3b3fa1fe510d5268c0a259c5SAhqYa0Q4RdaRmiBRvi6GD3Cd82IurLokpJ49lfLL3yOq2qzFEYEapICROMd+DueZ2mUaDOnzCidlHz2CFTwiA%3D%3D&reflink=article_copyURL_share

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bockeye said:

Most don’t call propaganda media. 

Here’s a great article on how the NYT’s is assisting China with its propaganda. 

“The pro-lock-down news­pa­per has been a leader in pro­mot­ing the fear that the U.S. would run well short of needed in­ten­sive-care fa­cil­i­ties. For­tunately this hasn’t come to pass and, if it ever does, let’s hope pub­lic of­fi­cials don’t de­cide that the so­lution is to set fire to Amer­i­ca’s econ­omy, which gen­er­ates the wealth to pro­vide health care for all Amer­i­cans.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/chinese-propaganda-and-the-panic-11587659071?emailToken=8e0c74fe3b3fa1fe510d5268c0a259c5SAhqYa0Q4RdaRmiBRvi6GD3Cd82IurLokpJ49lfLL3yOq2qzFEYEapICROMd+DueZ2mUaDOnzCidlHz2CFTwiA%3D%3D&reflink=article_copyURL_share

Oh, NYT helping China? That's a new one ?