Would you trade 2021 1st for 33 today plus(revised)

jkx2

No. There is enough talent on this team to win now if Allen gets better.  A RB and edge depth players will help but there is no need to mortgage the future for these positions. But the only players that really would make a difference in the next season are Newton, Winston, and maybe Dalton if he is available.  They are the only players that could step in for Allen if he falters and get this team into the playoffs and a deep run in the playoffs.

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

JK, good question and I know you’re trying to help and keep the conversation going, but that is the problem with previous administrations.  Too much quick fixes.  Not piling on bud and glad you’re on the board.  Think the long game and this administration more than any in over 20 years is doing just that.  Look at their free agency acquisitions the last three years, jettisons (yes I know Beane wasn’t officially here, but they fired Whaley the day after the draft, and Beane really was involved in it as he was hired immediately after the draft).

They are picking up players to fit needs, but making dumb decisions in spending in FA, and the draft is about making it easy to pick the right guys.  Again, the long game.  The Pegulas must have been impressed with them enough to give them free reign to build a team the right way.  If we do this right, we could be a contender for not just this year, but many years to come.  Until they prove me wrong they haven’t.

Hey, no worries on the question at all.  It was a good one. I as well as some of my friends on this board maybe, not definitely have seen a couple more pitches.  Not into short fixes.  Hope you guys are well up there as I heard there was a little snow.  If it makes you guys feel better n FL, we have tornadoes, 60 mph gusts, and crappy weather.

Heres to all of us this in the morning enjoying a great Saturday morning after tonight.

MGK - I am an hour south of you and yeah today has been a head scratcher for sure.  I will take THIS crappy weather for a day over snow for 5+ months ANYDAY!

Go Bills!!!

4 hours ago, jkx2 said:

If you feel the Bills will be at least a playoff team next year and therefore will draft again in the bottom part of the draft again next year. Would you give up next years 1st plus this years 4th to Bengals for #33 today and Andy Dalton. While Dalton wants to start there are few spots left and big name free agent QBs available. There are guys with 1st round grades st pass rusher,  running and wide receiver out there. Any takers now?

Out of curiosity, what player would you want them to take with that pick if they made that trade?

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Still no. 

Why not?  According to some reports, this is the deepest second round in a long time--20 or more players with first-round grades available.  Wouldn't you rather have your pick of those guys--and have him in uniform for 2020--than have to wait for 2021, for a pick that will probably be at the tail end of the first round?  The Bills could pick up two guys in this year's second round who would help the team immediately.   It's not an idea that should be dismissed out of hand. 

• Like (+1) 1

Good question but no. The season ultimately comes down to Allen. We have a really hard projected schedule. If Allen steps up, all will be well. If Allen doesn’t step up, we could find ourselves picking high next year and I would like to give Beane another shot at choosing at quarterback in that circumstance.

19 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Out of curiosity, what player would you want them to take with that pick if they made that trade?

D'Andre Swift

Laviska Shenaul

A.J. Epenesa

Jonathan Taylor

I like these players in that order

No, unless it is a marginal trade up of a few spots that maybe costs a 5th round pick I want to see McBeane just let the draft come to them and add as much youth to the roster as possible. Yes the Bills don't have any glaring starting caliber needs. BUT they do have a lot of places where they need to get younger or deeper. CB, RB, Safety, LB, DE, and WR are all spots on the roster where you need depth or role players. I don't want to see this team burn through its future and sustainability just to chase this season. Not only do I think that's not a good philosophy to keep the window of winning open for 2021 and beyond BUT if this team wants to win in 2020 it needs to add some depth and role players. 

Long Story short this team is better served long term and short term by keeping as many draft picks as possible and drafting depth and role players who could turn into starters long term. 

I would never trade that pick. Next offseason you could trade that pick for a top player the way trades have been trending up. 
So trade next years first rounder for an unproven rookie this year, or just for fun let’s say trade it for Khalil Mack next year? Premier players are being traded left and right and I’d rather the guarantee production vs the hopeful production a rookie brings 

No. Primarily because I don't want Dalton and I want our 4th rounder. If you told me that our 2021 1st and one of our 6ths got us just pick 33 or pick 34 from the colts I'd definitely consider it, as there are a handful of guys available right now that I'd expect to be 1st rounders next year.

4 minutes ago, Manther said:

I would do it in the right scenario.  That scenario would be a top 10 overall talent falling to #33.

That player isn't available "on the clock".

I would not make the trade up. 

No one is talking about a “trade up”.