Would you trade 2021 1st for 33 today plus(revised)

jkx2

If you feel the Bills will be at least a playoff team next year and therefore will draft again in the bottom part of the draft again next year. Would you give up next years 1st plus this years 4th to Bengals for #33 today and Andy Dalton. While Dalton wants to start there are few spots left and big name free agent QBs available. There are guys with 1st round grades st pass rusher,  running and wide receiver out there. Any takers now?

Edited by jkx2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Interesting. I’d be tempted to grab a corner like fulton or Johnson or DE gross-Matos  who were considered 1st round talent by many then grab a RB at 54

but the risk is too high. If injuries hit us harder than the past two seasons combined with a seemingly tougher schedule that pick could be higher than people think. 

Edited by Chemical

I might do it for Fulton. 

I have him as a mid first rd pick.  I’m sure he and Tre a boys.  He can play man just fine but will thrive in zone in the nfl imo.  

I wouldn’t do it for anyone else.

JK, good question and I know you’re trying to help and keep the conversation going, but that is the problem with previous administrations.  Too much quick fixes.  Not piling on bud and glad you’re on the board.  Think the long game and this administration more than any in over 20 years is doing just that.  Look at their free agency acquisitions the last three years, jettisons (yes I know Beane wasn’t officially here, but they fired Whaley the day after the draft, and Beane really was involved in it as he was hired immediately after the draft).

They are picking up players to fit needs, but making dumb decisions in spending in FA, and the draft is about making it easy to pick the right guys.  Again, the long game.  The Pegulas must have been impressed with them enough to give them free reign to build a team the right way.  If we do this right, we could be a contender for not just this year, but many years to come.  Until they prove me wrong they haven’t.

Hey, no worries on the question at all.  It was a good one. I as well as some of my friends on this board maybe, not definitely have seen a couple more pitches.  Not into short fixes.  Hope you guys are well up there as I heard there was a little snow.  If it makes you guys feel better n FL, we have tornadoes, 60 mph gusts, and crappy weather.

Heres to all of us this in the morning enjoying a great Saturday morning after tonight.

• No. This team isn’t in a place to do that yet. Stilling building and looking for some pieces. Don’t roll the dice like that yet. I would rather see where this team is after the season and then maybe reach up further in the first round next year to get another big time player!!