Beane has a history of trading up for the right player. Who would he move up for if they keep dropping?

8 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Smoke is a FA after next season.  Since this is a deep draft for WR now would be a good time to draft a young WR to develop.  Shenault and Pittman play Special Teams.  Claypoole as well.  So they can help even if they aren't getting a lot of snaps on offense.   I expect to see Beane draft one, I just don't know if it would be in round 2.

Agreed. Shenault is way ahead of those two for me though. His YAC ability is elite and catch radius/hand strength is perfect for Allen.

One of the guys from the draft network had him as his #2 receiver behind Lamb and ahead of Jeudy and Ruggs. The case he made on his podcast has me wanting Shenault badly. (His 4.58 40 time was due to the injury btw)

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

I won’t quibble much with the idea that Edge or RB might be better picks, but to call Dugger a safety or to see he’ll only contribute on special teams this year is inaccurate and shows that you don’t understand how they would be using him.

he hasn’t shown much coverage ability apparently. If he falls to the 3rd maybe I’d be ok with him depending on who else is available. 

but his age, small school, and lack of coverage tape is just too many question marks for me. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

I don’t understand why people are so opposed to him... 

When it comes to defensive picks... I’ll defer to McBeane every time. 

I have no problem with Dugger as a player. I think he will be a good player and even McDermott will get the most out of him. My issue is secondary is last on my want list. Most of our additions in free agency has been defensive except for Daryl Williams and Diggs. We need to keep building our offense. And if we do go defense then it needs to be an edge rusher

I could see moving for and edge or a corner (TreD insurance in case he wants something the bills don’t offer) 

40 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

ZERO safeties were taken in round 1.  Dugger will be there in the third.

Right the top guy sat was one of Kipers BPA for the bottom half of the first round. 

1 hour ago, glazeduck said:

Genuine question for those who are wanting Gross-Matos -- have you watched him play? Or is the excitement about him based solely off of website rankings?

That guy is not going to be a good NFL player...

Penn Staters are off my board (potential character issues).

2 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

I think it's just that Dugger is likely available w/o trading up?  

I'd hope to move up for a CB or RB.  

Diggs would be a good move up, IMO.  

More instant impact would be RB (Dobbins would be amazing).  

I wouldn't move up for an Edge.  Too many ?? for the alleged top guys, that's why they fell, IMO.  I'd rather grab Highsmith or someone similar later in the draft.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

With Murphy still in the fold this year, I could see us looking elsewhere.  Keep in mind, Jefferson can also play off the edge.  Hughes and Addison are both good players, who while older, play at a position where talented guys play at a high level into their mid-30s.  

We could do a lot worse than Hughes, Addison, Murphy and Jefferson off the edge, with Oliver, Star, Butler and Phillips up the middle. 

Next year, with our 1st Round Pick... I could see us investing high in EDGE. 

I don't know how you 'invest high' when you are picking 32nd...

• Like (+1) 1

Certainly a testament to our coaching staff and front office that they may take a Safety/Linebacker hybrid to add to a top 5 defense that already has two stud young linebackers and a stud safety tandem, and we’re, for the most part, all like... uh, ok... I trust it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Simple.

Some here wouldn't be happy with anything Beane does. 

2 hours ago, Estro said:

Listening to Beane, I got the impression he does not want to use his 3rd rounder as ammo in a trade up.  That said, I do think he will spend a 4th or 5th to make a move in the 3rd.  He's shown he gets itchy to move up in the mid rounds as you said

I can absolutely see this.

Genuine question for those who are wanting Gross-Matos -- have you watched him play? Or is the excitement about him based solely off of website rankings?

Just breakdowns and highlights but they look really good. Why do you think that? He looks legit to me.

Exactly, Gross is gross and Epenesa isn't any better. There are no compelling edge guys worthy of a 2nd round pick. Get a great RB2 who could become an RB1 or find a promising wr to replace the B's in a couple years?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Mims, Taylor or Dobbins. But it cannot cost us that 3rd. Not impressed with Epenesa or Gross-Matos. I'll take a Terrell Lewis in later rounds. 

Terrell Lewis in later rounds?  He won't be there.  Lucky to have T Lewis at 54, that looks like the pick to me.  Physical specimen who will be over a year removed from his injury.  With another year he will be able to replace Murphy or Hughes.  That's close to a $10 million dollar man on a rookie salary.

As to the OP, yes I expect a trade up.  That is adding juice to our 4th round pick to get into the top of the 4th or late 3rd and get the RB they want.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

It’s Kyle Dugger. Our pick is Kyle Dugger. 

A 24 year old guy who played division 2 football?  I don't understand this at all.   I have heard all the big nickel discussion except for how often we would actually have the position on the field.  If you want to go big nickel the better choice is Jeremy Chin