Beane has a history of trading up for the right player. Who would he move up for if they keep dropping?

59 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I forgot about Johnson, but yes to him as well.

Not sure about Diggs, but I wonder if having the brother is a positive or a negative in his favor here. 

If they like Diggs that's fine as I'm sure they would have done sufficient research on him.  If they don't intend to pick him I hope he's off the board by 54 rather than us passing him over.  You never know what kind of emotions you'll have to deal with

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

No way we would move up for him though, right?

I don’t think we do... at least not a significant move up. Maybe 3-4 picks to make sure we secure him? 

Otherwise I see a move up early in the 3rd or late second from 86. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Genuine question for those who are wanting Gross-Matos -- have you watched him play? Or is the excitement about him based solely off of website rankings?

That guy is not going to be a good NFL player...

I'm not sure how anyone gets excited about him based on website rankings / write-ups.  He typically gets very generic narratives that he's productive, but not outstanding and that its a draft year short on Edge talent.  Makes me want to trade up for him....NOT

48 minutes ago, Estro said:

Listening to Beane, I got the impression he does not want to use his 3rd rounder as ammo in a trade up.  That said, I do think he will spend a 4th or 5th to make a move in the 3rd.  He's shown he gets itchy to move up in the mid rounds as you said

I think you're right about this.  Not counting Diggs, I have had the impression that he is only looking to grab three guys with a serious chance to make the roster and contribute early.  The rest would be developmental or high risk picks.  If that is accurate, picks 2,3,and 4 are important unless he can package 4 with 5 and/or 6 to get to the end of round three or top of round 4.  After sitting through round one and watching some good talent slide down the board, Beane probably can't wait to get some action.  I guess I find it hard to wait also.

4 minutes ago, cage said:

If they like Diggs that's fine as I'm sure they would have done sufficient research on him.  If they don't intend to pick him I hope he's off the board by 54 rather than us passing him over.  You never know what kind of emotions you'll have to deal with

That's a good point. Especially if we pass on him for another CB. 

Just now, cage said:

I'm not sure how anyone gets excited about him based on website rankings / write-ups.  He typically gets very generic narratives that he's productive, but not outstanding and that its a draft year short on Edge talent.  Makes me want to trade up for him....NOT

You're not wrong, I'm just curious where it's coming from. I've seen him on "best available" lists, so was thinking maybe that was it? The guy's not going to be good. His tape is terrible. His combine was meh. Don't get it...

16 minutes ago, Chemical said:

I want shenault. Not holding my breath since we already used a pick to acquire a wr. He could fall to the 3rd due to the injury concerns. If we add him and Bryce hall that’s two 1st round level talents available due to injury concerns. 

I’d trade up for fulton. 

Smoke is a FA after next season.  Since this is a deep draft for WR now would be a good time to draft a young WR to develop.  Shenault and Pittman play Special Teams.  Claypoole as well.  So they can help even if they aren't getting a lot of snaps on offense.   I expect to see Beane draft one, I just don't know if it would be in round 2.

Edited by purple haze
  • Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

They know defense no doubt.

I don't think he'll be BPA when they pick nor does he play a premier position. He's a safety who's biggest contribution this season will most likely be special teams. No thanks. 

Sorry. If it's between a top end rusher, WR, or even RB and Dugger im taking the former. Without question.

I won’t quibble much with the idea that Edge or RB might be better picks, but to call Dugger a safety or to see he’ll only contribute on special teams this year is inaccurate and shows that you don’t understand how they would be using him.

16 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Genuine question for those who are wanting Gross-Matos -- have you watched him play? Or is the excitement about him based solely off of website rankings?

That guy is not going to be a good NFL player...

To be honest, I am a bit gun-shy on long lean pass rushers from Penn State. (I'm lookin' at you Maybin)  I personally have not watched much of him and much prefer what I have seen from AJ Epenesa. I only speculated a potential move up for one of those 2 because it appears to be the biggest position of need with the fewest number of "elite" prospects remaining.

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

To be honest, I am a bit gun-shy on long lean pass rushers from Penn State. (I'm lookin' at you Maybin)  I personally have not watched much of him and much prefer what I have seen from AJ Epenesa. I only speculated a potential move up for one of those 2 because it appears to be the biggest position of need with the fewest number of "elite" prospects remaining.

Fair enough, that's why it was a genuine question. I don't begrudge others NOT spending days at a time of watching film.

I don't consider YGM anywhere near "elite". Epenesa would be a nice value at 54, as would Baun, but I'm legit not sure if I'd want YGM with our 4th or 5th rd picks. I think that little of him

• Thank you (+1) 1