If we don't go RB in 2nd, bring back Shady?

Irv

17 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

He hasn't been effective the last 2 seasons.  Rather a third/fourth/ or fifth round pick on a RB instead.

at 31 with a 4.6 yards per carry average ?   He's be perfect as a role player and versatile it's a question of can he swallow his ego here where he once starred? 

They will always go somewhere else and do it- I agree he's a perfect fit and well liked

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Irv said:

Yes,  he was inactive  in KC but they have a bunch of good backs and they don't need to run much with Mahomes.  I don't think Shady left on bad terms, just a money deal.  After Singeltary the cupboard is totally empty -  Wade, DiMarco, Yeldon.  I also think he would benefit from the upgraded line.  He had a bunch of turnstile blockers when he was here.     

Absolutely not.

We don’t need another 30+ year old back that the Coaches are reverent to, sucking up critical carries for no yards ala Frank Gore in the Playoff Game.

Listening to John Murphy talk about how LeSean knows his place in this league, and how he deserves 10 carries a game.

26 minutes ago, Irv said:

Yes,  he was inactive  in KC but they have a bunch of good backs and they don't need to run much with Mahomes.  I don't think Shady left on bad terms, just a money deal.  After Singeltary the cupboard is totally empty -  Wade, DiMarco, Yeldon.  I also think he would benefit from the upgraded line.  He had a bunch of turnstile blockers when he was here.     

As what?  Water boy?  He's done, literally any other young back with some talent would be better.

29 minutes ago, Irv said:

You want running back that was a healthy scratch on the only team that took a running back in the first round. 

Pass.

• Like (+1) 1

I came in here to say, "No", but somebody... well, everybody stole my answer.

I loved Shady while he was great - he was always prone to the negative play but he broke enough big plays to make a difference.   In his last year with us, he still had lots of negative plays without the big plays to make it worth it.  

Edited by Forward Progress

25 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Can we go RB in the 3rd/4th, or do we immediately have to go to an aging old RB?

yep.  I would think this is what happens: 3rd or 4th round RB.  Even if they don't draft a RB (highly unlikely), let Shady retire.

26 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

I came in here to say, "No", but somebody... well, everybody stole my answer.

I loved Shady while he was great - he was always prone to the negative play but he broke enough big plays to make a difference.   In his last year with us, he still had lots of negative plays without the big plays to make it worth it.  

This sums it up perfectly....both my answer, NO!, and the reasoning behind it.

No thanks.....