2020 NFL Draft Round 2 and 3 Discussion.

MAJBobby

Just now, dneveu said:

I feel for you man. To have it fall that way and the guy u wants there and they just pass. Who do u like in the 3rd at RB?

I though Akers would be a stretch but he was gone even before 54.  We have 42 picks between our 54 and our next pick.  Moss and Dillion will probably b gone. I hope they have a secret love from some small conference school in mind.

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Because Brown and Beasley are so young and will be with us for the next 8 years....spare me. The pick should have been Dobbins or Mims. We might as well kept Shaq.

Is it not possible Epenesa will be good enough to takeover for Hughes or Addison next year? And be a solid starter going forward? 
Running backs don’t last long, and receivers bust pretty easily. It’s impossible to be that upset over ONE PICK when the odds are AJ lasts longer in the league than the two guys you’re campaigning for 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

I agree that passing on a WR now isn't a huge deal unless that player is going to step in and be better then Diggs, Brown or Beasley

Theres FAs and later picks to find guys to upgrade over Foster/Mackenzie/Duke/etc.

Yep we'll get a developmental guy or 2 with upside. Gandy-Golden comes to mind. Duvernay would be nice too. They can play Teams and learn for a year or 2 before taking over.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Well they did go deep in the playoffs last year (surprisingly to me because I always seemed to forget about them and don't think they did anything impressive all year but quietly win games). They still have one of the top QBs in the game and are now ready to have someone to replace him when he is done.

1 minute ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

The ratings that I saw had like a 0.02 point difference between him and Dobbins.

Ok. Even if they were neck and neck on the Bills big board , you go with the DL 100/100 times. Why? Because you can find great value in RBs on day 3 or Rd 3. Not so much on a DL that can have an impact day 1. And he can grow with Oliver

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

End of Round 2 Board update:

1. Zach Baun*, LB, Wisconsin - inconclusive drugs sample at combine

2. Tyler Biadasz*, C, Wisconsin - injury flag

3. Josh Jones, OT, Houston

4. Bradlee Anae, DE, Utah

5. Neville Gallimore, DT, Oklahoma

6. Jonathan Greenard, DE, Florida

7. Troy Dye, LB, Oregon

8. Ashtyn Davis, S, California

9. Malik Harrison, LB, Ohio State

10. Darryl Williams, C, Mississippi State

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

I though Akers would be a stretch but he was gone even before 54.  We have 42 picks between our 54 and our next pick.  Moss and Dillion will probably b gone. I hope they have a secret love from some small conference school in mind.

86-54 is 32 picks bud. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

7. Troy Dye, LB, Oregon

Who are your top skill guys, if you don't mind me asking? Just curious. Thanks!! 

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Because Brown and Beasley are so young and will be with us for the next 8 years....spare me. The pick should have been Dobbins or Mims. We might as well kept Shaq.

What % draft picks or players generally stay with teams for 8 years in the modern NFL? I’d guess it’s a really low %.

Some of you cry babies are relentless...

Whining about draft picks when Beane and Co have shown to be pretty dang good at what they do  is an awfully weird flex for a “fan”...

• Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, GunnerBill said:

7. Troy Dye, LB, Oregon

Baun would be great but i dont see us picking two Ends in a row.

2 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

Your point? That isn't on the defense. Even if they had another great weapon or two that doesn't mean Jimmy G. comes through. 

the 49ers had a good defence and a capable offence, and they lost to the team with one of the best offences and a capable defence (at times)