2020 NFL Draft Round 2 and 3 Discussion.

MAJBobby

4 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

offense is loaded??? Lmaooo

we have been a bottom 5 passing offense in the last 3 years bud 

Do you not realize we completely rebuilt the offense?  We had squat for receivers and a trash O-line, not to mention dead cap hell.  It's called a REBUILD.

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

I mean how can you be that upset with the pick? 

He was a potential late 1 , a highly touted , versatile DL. A team leader. 

I think he was BPA and McD just couldn't resist. We're stacked at DL but if you got a guy with his type talent miraculously sitting there at 54 , you take him all day , because he's the BPA and has the highest probability of making an impact

I’ll never forget the two superbowls the giants beat the pats with a dominating front 4. You can’t underestimate how valuable a DLine is. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Taking bpa offense for once? I’m largely playing devils advocate since I don’t mind the pick, but our lack of offensive depth is pretty scary at this point. Here’s hoping for a 4th round diamond in the rough I guess.

They spent their first round pick on the offensive bpa.

They need to invest in the DL too, or else the defense will not maintain its level of performance.

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

I guess corner D-line guys it helps because they typically need speed to get around to the QB, but o-line and middle d-linemen, its more about power/strength then how fast.

Yeah but that's quickness - not straight-line speed sustained over half the length of the football field

1 minute ago, Bleedingreennc said:

We trade back in the 2nd, picked up another 3rd and got the player we would have drafted at 48. Works for me.

It's a good setup for you guys. Only concern should be that they're both projection players that you need to play day 1, and development of players is not your coaches strong suit. 

But other than that, I like your draft so far. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I feel the same way, I'm not saying they didn't get a good player, but its the same every year, they pick up offence through FA and draft for Defence. They have a couple good players on offence and have made one upgrade to it this offseason getting Diggs. The defence was one of the best last year and the offence struggled to score points. The offence wasn't going to win games last year without the defence having a big game. when the defence struggled, they were almost guaranteed to lose

Thanks, I didn't think what I was throwing out there was too insane. This team has yet to go all-in on offense under Josh Allen, and hey, maybe they don't need to. I'm a firm believer in the process so will assume balance wins, but I still think it's pretty accurate observation that this team largely focuses on defense. 

Edited by Nelius

3 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

instead of “trying to win,” what iF we DID WIN those games? Is winning bad?

Sure, but going into the games you have to try and win them before you can win them.

No one said winnings bad, but like many said last year, the league now requires offences that can put up points to carry a team to victory, not one that needs a defence to keep the score low so they have a chance.

5 minutes ago, dubs said:

graded on wins, actually. 

And who’s winning with defensive line play in the modern NFL?  Good QBs with skill players are.  Ask SF how it works to have lots of DL talent going against a QB with backs and receivers. 

9 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

I’ll bring this tweet back up when singletary gets injured and we start a guy off the street as RB1 

Please do. RBs are a dime a dozen. 

Staring caliber Edge > starting caliber RB all day, way more quality RBs than there are potential starting DE’s.  

Never mind that on the FA market a decent RB costs a fraction of what a mediocre starting DE like Shaq Lawson does.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

We trade back in the 2nd, picked up another 3rd and got the player we would have drafted at 48. Works for me.

Yep. Two positions of need taken with solid players.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bakin said:

If by hilarious you mean ridiculous - I agree. 
Epenesa is a 1st round talent. No question about it. We stole him. STOLE him. 
I like Dobbins too but whatever. There are still several RBs remaining that are very capable of eclipsing whatever Dobbins does this year. 

Darrynton Evans or Zack Moss would be great RBs/values at pick 86 IMO, hopefully they make it there. Would rather have Epenesa and one of those two than Dobbins and Alton Robinson for example. 

• Like (+1) 2