2020 NFL Draft Round 2 and 3 Discussion.

MAJBobby

37 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

They need a corner opposite Desir or that WR better result in a score on every drive...

I'm not saying they  don't need a corner, but the development  of Darnold trumps all. Their GM basically  said they  need to support Darnold better. 

1 minute ago, DJB said:

I'm not saying they  don't need a corner, but the development  of Darnold trumps all. Their GM basically  said they  need to support Darnold better. 

They do, but remember neither Douglas nor Gase drafted him and arent as invested in his success as a regime that was tied to that pick. They want to win, but I wouldn’t see it’s overly important to them that he’s their future 

Edited by YoloinOhio

There are some who are very against a RB at 2 or 3.  Let me make the case in a different way. 

The rationale for the Stefon Diggs trade was given as filling a roster need for WR1 with an established offensive playmaking talent ready to make an immediate impact on the 2020 season.

If you accept that reasoning, it would all apply to a top RB talent in this draft.  Rookie RBs are known to be early contributors as pros.  Without otas, rookie minicamp and with a possibly shortened training camp, the chance for a rookie to make an impact at other positions would be even more diminished, relatively speaking.

They want to add offensive playmaking talent to make the biggest bang for the buck impact starting in 2020.  They want to gain the lead and burn the clock to close the deal.  They want another option besides Josh to be a between the tackles power runner in short yardage situations.   

Passing game skills are huge as well and a RB with all-around potential would be great to combine with what Singletary offers.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

There are some who are very against a RB at 2 or 3.  Let me make the case in a different way. 

The rationale for the Stefon Diggs trade was given as filling a roster need for WR1 with an established offensive playmaking talent ready to make an immediate impact on the 2020 season.

If you accept that reasoning, it would all apply to a top RB talent in this draft.  Rookie RBs are known to be early contributors as pros.  Without otas, rookie minicamp and with a possibly shortened training camp, the chance for a rookie to make an impact at other positions would be even more diminished, relatively speaking.

They want to add offensive playmaking talent to make the biggest bang for the buck impact starting in 2020.  They want to gain the lead and burn the clock to close the deal.  They want another option besides Josh to be a between the tackles power runner in short yardage situations.   

Passing game skills are huge as well and a RB with all-around potential would be great to combine with what Singletary offers.

A running back is nowhere near the value of a wide receiver in today's NFL.

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

Gee, and NOBODY but you have figured out this opinion. So EVERYBODY who has RB's on their big board as 1st or 2nd round players are a stupid as a goldfish.  You are the only one who has figured this out.  Get a grip.  They are smarter than you and I.  They spend their life doing this as professionals.  How much a year do they pay you for your opinion? I don't want to get harsh, but the big boards even from the google search have this calibrated into their positioning.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

Agreed, but what I think JESSEFEFFER is trying to convey is that the bills are trying to see what they have in Josh Allen and the offense right now. RBs can start immediately as rookies, WRs rarely produce in the first 2 years. Drafting a high end RB adds to the offense day one. Drafting a WR might start or be rotational this year. That was the point of Diggs, Beane and mcD want to know Allen is the guy and move forward.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

I so wanna see them draft a DB just so I can see you-know-who's head explode.

I think it’s a very strong possibility they take a DB in round 2 whether it’s Big Nicole or pure CB. 

I also think them drafting a big WR is in the plans earlier than expected. There have been multiple reports of them seeing Higgins(tho reportedly unimpressed), meeting multiple times with Chase Claypool and reportedly according to the man himself, Antonio Gandy Golden has said the Bills have had the most contact. I really like him as a 3rd rounder. 

It wouldnt surprise me if the Bills went DB, WR in the first two picks. 

47 minutes ago, MJS said:

Greg Roman with the Ravens begs to differ,

I think it depends on what you as an OC in todays NFL is trying to accomplish.

Good ball control ground game helps keep high powered O's like KC off the football field.

With that being said, Tee Higgins, Tee Higgins, Tee Higgins,

Stephon Diggs and Tee Higgins...

Edited by Figster

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I didn't say he would be.  Just that all the reasons that made spending 1, 5 and 6 along with a 4 next year to get Diggs would apply to spending a 2 or 3 on a rb in this draft.  See the inbalance in what would be spent to acquire them?  Pretty much "nowhere near the value."

Edited by JESSEFEFFER
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Hope the Bills draft Curtis Weaver. We need pass rushers. 

Wasn’t in love with this idea based off just his physical makeup.... but then I watched his film.... dang, that dude is vicious off the edge. 

• Like (+1) 2