2020 NFL Draft Round 2 and 3 Discussion.

MAJBobby

11 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm sticking by my guns that we're picking a combination of wr, rb & edge in rounds 2-4. I'm hoping we wait till the 4th round to go edge.

I’d throw Corner into the mix as well. 

i would think that our first 3 picks would include, Rb, pass rusher and corner with a gadget coming up next

2 minutes ago, DJB said:

I just wonder how Stefon will react by that. 

Bills aren’t obligated to take his brother. There are lots of brothers in the league who don’t play for the same team. I would surmise it is better that they aren’t on the same team. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills aren’t obligated to take his brother. There are lots of brothers in the league who don’t play for the same team. I would surmise it is better that they aren’t on the same team. 

That was my thought as well certainly for T Diggs. I think he needs to find his own path and not live under his brothers shadow. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I agree 100%.

i love 4 of the RBs that are left, so if one is there, that’s who I hope we take.

i love Bowden later on.  He’d be a nice possible upgrade for mckenzie for sure.  Mckenzie is more dynamic with the ball in his hands imo due to his burst.  Bowden offers more as a wR and throwing the ball.  

give me Gibson or give me death

it looks to me like the sweet spot for DEs is rd 3.  I don’t think there will be any worth a dam in rd 4.

I have Bowden as a late 3rd - mid 4th value. He’s not as explosive as McKenzie, but Bowden has better vision and better hands. Plus he’s a dog. I’m not opposed to having a slot WR that can truck a LB on the goal line. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

We just traded 4 picks for Stefon Diggs

Correct. Maybe I’m missing your point, but the picks we gave up this year in the late rounds weren’t likely to have made the team anyway. Not unless we hit the jackpot. Shoot, the late round picks we still have may not make it. And that’s even if we use them. I’ve got no problem with what they gave up for Diggs. Rather him than Justin Jefferson this season. I’d also have no problem if they went back to the well at receiver in round 2 or 3 if that’s what their board dictates. Injuries happen and we could use an upgrade at the number 4 receiver spot. 

Edited by TheProcess
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DJB said:

I'll be stunned if the Jets dont go WR. It's a massive glaring need. 

I agree. It was no secret that they were going OT/WR, WR/OT in Round 1. They made the safer, smarter call and addressed the trenches. I think they're going to circle back for the WR to help out Darnold.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DJB said:

I'll be stunned if the Jets dont go WR. It's a massive glaring need. 

Their WRs:

Quincy Enunwa

Josh Doctson

Jamison Crowder

Breshad Perriman

Josh Bellamy

Braxton Berrios

Their CBs:

Pierre Desir

Brian Poole

Nate Hairston 

Karon Brown 

Bless Austin

I'd prioritize CB and EDGE before WR for them. Depends on who's available at 48 though. Between the top 4 WR it's a serviceable group. Can't say the same for CB imo.

53 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Bill, I know you like to evaluate Qbs. What's your thought on Jaylen? Sorry if I missed your evals in earlier posts.

He is my next best after the 4 that went last night. Think his ceiling is low end bridge starter. I dunno kind Tyrodish. I have a 3rd on him but I like him more than Eason and Fromm.

• Like (+1) 1

If I’m Arthur Blank, I fire Dimitroff and do the draft myself. 

really can’t believe they took Terrell that early.  Not that I don’t think he’s a decent player, but at 16? Oh man.  They messed that one up

32 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Oops sorry I didn't qualify. I was talking as a QB. I know he's  not a fit for the Bills. In general, on the right team you think he can be like the next Lamar Jackson? He is a winner. His passing skills do need work. Curious to hear your imput.

Yea I guessed I was making a joke on the Bill Polian comments about Lamar. I have replied to your other post but if you go down the main forum a bit my QB evaluation thread was updated on Hurts and co on Sunday. 

10 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Their WRs:

Quincy Enunwa

Josh Doctson

Jamison Crowder

Breshad Perriman

Josh Bellamy

Braxton Berrios

Their CBs:

Pierre Desir

Brian Poole

Nate Hairston 

Karon Brown 

Bless Austin

I'd prioritize CB and EDGE before WR for them. Depends on who's available at 48 though. Between the top 4 WR it's a serviceable group. Can't say the same for CB imo.

They were in the same position as us a few years ago... how do they have so little talent?

Rhetorical question... I do know why.  It’s just crazy to see the differences in roster building. 

15 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Their WRs:

Quincy Enunwa

Josh Doctson

Jamison Crowder

Breshad Perriman

Josh Bellamy

Braxton Berrios

Their CBs:

Pierre Desir

Brian Poole

Nate Hairston 

Karon Brown 

Bless Austin

Listing off their WR changes nothing for me. I'm well aware of the group. It's a bunch of WR3 and castoffs.  A complete misfit group. They need someone with Alpha WR1 traits to help Darnold

Just now, DJB said:

Listing off their WR changes nothing for me. I'm well aware of the group. It's a bunch of WR3 and castoffs.  A complete misfit group. They need someone with Alpha WR1 traits to help Darnold

They need a corner opposite Desir or that WR better result in a score on every drive...

1 hour ago, Buffalo Junction said:

At least someone agrees with me. I quit mentioning him because it never gained traction. He was being talked about as a possible first round CB before his injury.

Big, instinctive, physical, sure tackling CB best suited for a zone scheme. May be able to convert him to safety if his hips don’t prove fluid enough for CB. Noted for leadership and community service which is right up McB’s alley. 

I think he is a good fit if they know that he is healthy 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DJB said:

They have a few talented guys on their team, but their WRs are not strong.  Enunwa got a big extension and continued to get injured.  Doctson is a flame out, Perrimans a borderline flameout, and crowder is playing the jarvis landry role in the short passing game.  

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm sticking by my guns that we're picking a combination of wr, rb & edge in rounds 2-4. I'm hoping we wait till the 4th round to go edge.

By 4th, it is almost a waste to take edge.  I have read that their is talent in this edge class, but I think it isn’t that strong.

51 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

I'd like to see us bundle our 3rd and 5th to move back into the second round.  All these picks we have are not making the roster so bundle some

RB Taylor I'd take in round 2

I don’t think 3rd and 5th gets you close to 2nd round.

• Like (+1) 1