2020 NFL Draft Round 2 and 3 Discussion.

MAJBobby

Just now, Lurker said:

Solid pick.  I think his football IQ is well ahead of Shaq's.   And 34.5" arms...a big, big advantage for a DE...

Yea the arm length fits the McDermott prototype. He actually is a bit like a younger Mario Addison too.

Some reviews.... I think we did okay.

54. Buffalo Bills: A.J. Epenesa, DE, Iowa

• Grade: A+

The Bills needed depth to help them get to the passer with Shaq Lawson gone. Epenesa (6-5, 274 pounds) is a powerful, explosive, big-bodied player. He can push blockers out of the way to get to the QB, and he can stand strong against the run.

Epenesa is great value at this stage. He is a strong, technically sound edge rusher that could also slide inside. Few have produced at Epenesa's level in recent years. He is a great replacement for Jerry Hughes. I love the pick.

Chris Trapasso gives the pick an 'A'

Buffalo Bills: A.J. Epenesa, DE, Iowa - A+ Grade
Back to sanity... The Bills' terrific offseason continues. A.J. Epenesa isn't a great athlete, which is why he fell out of Round 1. He could have still been chosen on Thursday, so I love this value. Epenesa doesn't fill a huge need, but the Bills are great pretty much everywhere, so it makes sense for them to add talent, regardless of the position.

No. 54: Bills select edge A.J. Epenesa, Iowa

Grade: A ... J (I’m sorry I’ll try to stop with the name-based grades)

Another potential first round pick who slid thanks to a slow-as-hell showing at the Scouting Combine. Buffalo already had a scary defense, so he’ll have the chance to emerge as a rotational player and smush whichever replacement-level quarterback the Patriots trot out next season.

54-epenesa.png?w=1000&h=124

The Bills didn’t have a first-round pick but they still managed to land a player who was seen as a Day 1 talent. He’s a power defensive end who just produced at Iowa. We know he’ll get good coaching in Buffalo. The Bills filled a need and got good value.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Just now, Penfield45 said:

Who the hell cares of Epenesa was projected to go in the 1st. He was not a need for us at all. We don’t need run stuffing DE’s we needed someone to get after the QB and we didn’t even get that lol 

D+ grade for this round 

DE not a need?   And a Fail for you...

• Like (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Shaq ran a 4.7...he runs a 5.04...

Shaq ran a 4.7...he runs a 5.04...

Shaq has one good year, his contract year.

Watch him suck this year. 
This kid is cheaper and hungrier.

Trust McBean and The Process.

This makes me feel good about it! 

Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) Tweeted:
Beane and McDermott say, "We'll take that, thank you very much." https://t.co/sAdIewgA4C

Bills can give so many different looks on the DL , it's unfair. Especially with QJeff and Epenesa being so versatile. Oliver playing like an all pro. My God , we are going to cause hell up front. 

Our back 7 is loaded too!!

• Like (+1) 1

Anything other than the #1 ranked defense in the league next season is a total failure in sorry

you invest this much in a already top 3 defense we better see results. Mcd is basically wanting to win every game 14-7 

good luck with that 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

Ravens had a top 3 offense and still drafted another weapon 

that’s how you do it. Beane and Mcd will never understand this 

Whiny Logic - the Bills had a top 3 scoring defense and still drafted another defensive weapon. If you don't like the pick you don't like the pick. Just say you wanted offense.

• Like (+1) 1