2020 NFL Draft Round 2 and 3 Discussion.

MAJBobby

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

That said, I really hope he isn't the pick at 54. He's down there with Higgins and Claypool in guys I'm not interested in.

That's fair, and people can have opinions on him. I like Chinn better. 

But saying he's like Maybin is just ignorance squared. 

2 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Hot take, there's a Bill on the roster right now that's getting moved to put a Bill on the roster tonight.

*Please let it be Trent Murphy that goes.

Who is trading anything more than a bag of deflated footballs for Trent Murphy? 

1 minute ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Hot take, there's a Bill on the roster right now that's getting moved to put a Bill on the roster tonight.

Maybe - but I don’t see anyone on the roster who they would be willing to trade that would fetch even a late 3rd.  Who are you proposing that they will trade for a 3rd?

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

He does? Daboll’s route concepts are among the most complex in the game. Laviska has a pretty underdeveloped route tree.

He’s also not exactly a burner, and Dabes likes speed.

That’s not exactly a fit.

I thought Daboll used the Earnhardt-Perkins system because it was supposed to simplify things and more easily transition college schemes to the pros. Sincerely asking, why are his route concepts supposed to be more complex?

1 minute ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I thought Daboll used the Earnhardt-Perkins system because it was supposed to simplify things and more easily transition college schemes to the pros. Sincerely asking, why are his route concepts supposed to be more complex?

It simplifies the calls, not the offense itself.

25 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Not picking 3 times tonight- they don’t have the ammo to get back into round 3 unless they trade 4,5,both 6s and 7 and probably a player too.

There are certainly ways to get 3 picks tonight.. Without giving up the rest of our draft! Maybe a player is involved, maybe not. But 3 picks 2night would not shock me

12 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Why would you want to take one of our weakest positions and make it even weaker?

Edited by Bangarang

Just now, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Ok that distinction makes sense - thank you. 

IIRC, the calls are basically based on route tree packages on each side, right?

Yep, makes it easier to communicate calls on the field in real time. Part of the issue with Roman's O was how long the calls took to say. Verbiage sucked.

• Like (+1) 1