2020 NFL Draft Round 2 and 3 Discussion.

MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, Margarita said:

here's a thought Bills fans hear me out. The best predictor of future behavior is relevant past behavior. Beane has been nothing but fearless in trading for guys he values and thinks are BPA and within reach WILL make moves to make those picks in his draft history. Just look at what he did last year for starters. SO in that vein I am going to suggest that Beane WILL be making deals today and possibly more than one for a player/s  they covet. Thoughts?

I agree, but I would look for that deal to get them another pick in the back of the 3rd round as opposed to a deal to move up for a specific player in round 2.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I doubt every team is draftin BPA, a lot will reach for needs. We should get a good player that drops to 54. The Bears alone could easily screw up on 2 picks.

34 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Nah, too many poorly run teams who will reach on prospects nobody had going until round 5. Happens every year. One of those 20 will fall to Buffalo.

30 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Always a bunch of teams that reach, or have players valued differently.

There will be some really good players available to the Bills.

10 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

This doesnt take reaches into consideration. Two  teams reach by need and one of those 1stvround talents would fall.

I know, I was just making a bad joke. A slight trade-down could be the best option, given all the talent that should still be available at #54.

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

His history suggests that he feels confident in the work of his team and I think will use that to move around to get players they feel best fit 

confidence in his scouts and evaluations Yes so moves are possible but then again maybe they won't need to. I just think if they are really high on a player they'll pull that trigger on a deal its not like a few past GM's whom Never made any trades whatsoever..he isng a sit on his hands GM thats for sure

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Dont leave out Laviska......he fits what Debol wants to do

I would not be crazy about it, nor hate it if they picked him.

17 minutes ago, Margarita said:

here's a thought Bills fans hear me out. The best predictor of future behavior is relevant past behavior. Beane has been nothing but fearless in trading for guys he values and thinks are BPA and within reach WILL make moves to make those picks in his draft history. Just look at what he did last year for starters. SO in that vein I am going to suggest that Beane WILL be making deals today and possibly more than one for a player/s  they covet. Thoughts?

You are ignoring the fact that they have little “draft capital” to do what you are suggesting.

7 minutes ago, Margarita said:

My thoughts,  I thought he would go in the 1st

Tee Higgins...

13 minutes ago, MJS said:

I don't see any comparison whatsoever, honestly. They went and got an elite WR. What does that have to do with drafting or trading for a running back?

One way to assess value is to quantify what anyone is willing to pay for it.  The value of Diggs = #1, #5, #6 and future #4.    You made the comparison.  In today's NFL WR are more valuable, you said.  Well, they paid 22, 155, 207 and ~140 (2021) which is about 48.3 on the Rich Hill chart.  Picks 54 and 86 are 18.0 and 8.6 on the chart, respectively.  Diggs will cost ~11 million in cap space and the hypothetical rookie at 54 or 86 is less than 1.5 million.

So, the cost of acquisition is no where near equal.  What is the same are the reasons for doing it.  Adding elite offensive play making talent for the 2020 season which is in the window of a QB on his first contract.  This has been a stated priority of Beane and McDermott all off season.   Scoring more points in 2020.

7 minutes ago, Bills4life1924 said:

As many others suggested, I could see Beane trading tonight, especially in 3rd round. I wouldn't be shocked if we picked 3 times tonight!! I'm getting antsy to see what happens, whether it be staying pat or a couple trades!!

Not picking 3 times tonight- they don’t have the ammo to get back into round 3 unless they trade 4,5,both 6s and 7 and probably a player too.

6 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I would not be crazy about it, nor hate it if they picked him.

You are ignoring the fact that they have little “draft capital” to do what you are suggesting.

well Beane is very creative so he will make that capital happen in a deal if he wants to but Yes that ship may not sail this draft we'll see

• SDS pinned this topic
1 minute ago, Margarita said:

well Beane is very creative so he will make that capital happen in a deal if he wants to but Yes that ship may not sail this draft we'll see

I would not want to trade any more 2021 picks, so he would have to be an infomercial-level salesman to get another3rd without doing so.