2020 NFL Draft Round 2 and 3 Discussion.

MAJBobby

55 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No one will trade 2021 picks until they know if there will be a season.

Whoa! You might have just stumbled on a HUGE what if.

What if there is no 2020 season and the 2021 draft comes around??? Trevor Lawrence?  Who gets the first pick in the draft?

Why should Cinc get the first pick?  random?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Athletic's remock this morning has us getting Kristian Fulton at #54 and Darrell Taylor at #86. Wouldn't hate that though I would prefer an offensive weapon with one of the picks.

I’d be very happy with this outcome

8 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Foster plays special teams. 

He covers kicks. 

Foster, McKenzie and Roberts all contribute on special teams. It's why when Zay Jones lost his job, they sent him packing because he was never going to dress again. 

I'd love Higgins, but if you pick him then get rid of Beasley and give Brown and Diggs more reps from the slot. 

Unless you do that, go another route.

I find it impossible to imagine a team using their 1st, 2nd and 4th round picks on WRs in the same draft. 

I don’t think anyone is proposing being reckless with our selections, but we are finally in a position with this roster to stack talent. Granted, we all have our preferences, but this offense struggled to score points last year. “Only” thing we’ve done to address it is add Diggs. Now, that’s a big “only” thing, but a lot of us prefer they can keep up with the Jacksons and the Mahomes and not always have to rely on the D to bail us out with razor thin margins of error. Personally, I don’t want to prioritize our top pick on a Big/buffalo nickel that may amount to nothing but special teams. Now, if you want to draft a pass rusher, I won’t fight you on that. 

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

This. So much this.

and considering what we traded for Diggs, it’s really more like 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 6th round picks in two WRs. That’s madness.

Right. 

I thought it was a 1st and 4th this year. 

Didn't realize it was a 1st, 5th and 6th this year and a 4th next year.

That would be insanity. 

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

I don’t think anyone is proposing being reckless with our selections, but we are finally in a position with this roster to stack talent. Granted, we all have our preferences, but this offense struggled to score points last year. “Only” thing we’ve done to address it is add Diggs. Now, that’s a big “only” thing, but a lot of us prefer they can keep up with the Jacksons and the Mahomes and not always have to rely on the D to bail us out with razor thin margins of error. Personally, I don’t want to prioritize our top pick on a Big/buffalo nickel that may amount to nothing but special teams. Now, if you want to draft a pass rusher, I won’t fight you on that. 

We just traded 4 picks for Stefon Diggs. 

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

This. So much this.

and considering what we traded for Diggs, it’s really more like 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 6th round picks in two WRs. That’s madness.

That's certainly one way to break it down.

The other is to say it was a 1, a future 4 and 2 scrubs for a proven veteran, and a late 2 for great value at a position that has the potential of opening up new attack vectors and aid in the confidence of your young franchise QB. 

Obviously get your point, but I still come back to the argument of, when taking into account draft value, where else are we that much more deficient on the roster? 

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I think Bryce Hall should be on people’s collective radar

At least someone agrees with me. I quit mentioning him because it never gained traction. He was being talked about as a possible first round CB before his injury.

Big, instinctive, physical, sure tackling CB best suited for a zone scheme. May be able to convert him to safety if his hips don’t prove fluid enough for CB. Noted for leadership and community service which is right up McB’s alley. 

2 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

That's certainly one way to break it down.

The other is to say it was a 1, a future 4 and 2 scrubs for a proven veteran, and a late 2 for great value at a position that has the potential of opening up new attack vectors and aid in the confidence of your young franchise QB. 

Obviously get your point, but I still come back to the argument of, when taking into account draft value, where else are we that much more deficient on the roster? 

There's no way the Bills walk away from this draft having used their 1st, 2nd, 5th and 6th round picks on wide receivers.

From a resources value, that just doesn't make any sense. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

He covers kicks. 

Foster, McKenzie and Roberts all contribute on special teams. It's why when Zay Jones lost his job, they sent him packing because he was never going to dress again. 

I'd love Higgins, but if you pick him then get rid of Beasley and give Brown and Diggs more reps from the slot. 

I find it impossible to imagine a team using their 1st, 2nd and 4th round picks on WRs in the same draft. 

If it happened it would have to be a team that had Kelvin Benjamin Zay Jones and Andre Holmes as starters in 2018....

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Athletic's remock this morning has us getting Kristian Fulton at #54 and Darrell Taylor at #86. Wouldn't hate that though I would prefer an offensive weapon with one of the picks.

As you know, I've been leaning Def, Def for a while now. I love that outcome as Fulton is probably better than Dantzler and Taylor is Taylor. If that's followed up with Evans in the 4th and Gandy-Golden in the 5th its a freaking home run

8 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Right. 

I thought it was a 1st and 4th this year. 

Didn't realize it was a 1st, 5th and 6th this year and a 4th next year.

That would be insanity. 

We just traded 4 picks for Stefon Diggs. 

I doubt they do anything with WRs - but remember the 5th and 6th are free picks that they received from Bodine/Teller trades - so found money.  The 4th next year to me means every other pick in 2021 is off limits.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

At least someone agrees with me. I quit mentioning him because it never gained traction. He was being talked about as a possible first round CB before his injury.

Big, instinctive, physical, sure tackling CB best suited for a zone scheme. May be able to convert him to safety if his hips don’t prove fluid enough for CB. Noted for leadership and community service which is right up McB’s alley. 

I agree too. Bandit and I have already discussed. Does he make to us is my question?

I'm no draft guru. Knowing Beans, he will absolutely take the best player available. Personally, I am hoping we get a quality RB. One who can start and be effective if Singletary goes down. I suspect Dobbins and Taylor will be gone before 54. Call me crazy but I kind of like Jaylen Hurts. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

As you know, I've been leaning Def, Def for a while now. I love that outcome as Fulton is probably better than Dantzler and Taylor is Taylor. If that's followed up with Evans in the 4th and Gandy-Golden in the 5th its a freaking home run

Yep. I think there are multiple RB and receiver 4th and 5th round combos that I could live with if alongside those two 2nd and 3rd rounders. They will take a linebacker somewhere though.

All I know is I can't wait for 7pm to roll around - I've been looking at the clock all day. 

I'd like to load up on offense as much as possible today. Surround Allen with talent and know definitively this season if he is THE guy. 

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm no draft guru. Knowing Beans, he will absolutely take the best player available. Personally, I am hoping we get a quality RB. One who can start and be effective if Singletary goes down. I suspect Dobbins and Taylor will be gone before 54. Call me crazy but I kind of like Jaylen Hurts. 

As a running back?

I will be in the minority on this one but I really hope Buffalo drafts one of Cole Kmet or Thaddeus Moss.

Tight End is still a position of need.

Dawson Knox was not reliable last year and yet managed to be TE1. I am optimistic about his future.

Tyler Kroft was injured most of the year and most likely has one season left in Buffalo. Can he bounce back?

Tommy Sweeney I like but he was mainly inactive.

Lee Smith simply put, he is not worth a roster spot in 2020.

Croom and Becker will not make the final roster.

We have a top flight defense already.

Wide receiver 4 and Tight End 2 will show their value or lack of in crunch situations, especially the postseason.

Last year Duke was WR3 against Houston when he was mainly inactive, McBeane I don't think trust him as WR4 this year either.

Round 2 - Laviska or Claypool

Round 3 - Cole Kmet or Thaddeus Moss

Round 4 - Zach Moss or A.J. Dillon

Round 5 - DE/LB e.g. Derrek Tuszka or Michael Divinity Jr

Round 6 - CB and S e.g. Madre Harper/Dane Jackson and Tanner Muse

Round 7 -  P or K - best available at 239

Looking forward to see what the Bills do!

23 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

He covers kicks. 

I still think they’re most likely to take a WR that makes these guys expendable. A Shenault, Hamler, Bowden, etc. A guy with versatility and/ teams value. The big outside WR doesn’t seem to be a priority. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if they grabbed Claypool. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. I think there are multiple RB and receiver 4th and 5th round combos that I could live with if alongside those two 2nd and 3rd rounders. They will take a linebacker somewhere though.

Bill, I know you like to evaluate Qbs. What's your thought on Jaylen? Sorry if I missed your evals in earlier posts.

Edited by newcam2012

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

If Dugger is basically our 3-down LB in base defense, as Joe outlines, that description is certainly sexy af.  

How will he hold up against the run.  The opposing team will run directly at him.  Better hope Edmunds can cover for him.