2020 NFL Draft Round 2 and 3 Discussion.

MAJBobby

A buddy of mine who is a Packers fan just texted me asking why the Bills wouldn't be trying to trade for Aaron Rodgers right now. He said rumours out of GB are that Rodgers is furious they took Love and not a player who can help them try to win another Super Bowl this year. 

Kind of an interesting idea. 

The roster is absolutely loaded, and our biggest question by far is Josh Allen.

Might not make sense long term, but if we acquired Rodgers we'd have to be considered one of the 3-4 teams most likely to win the Super Bowl right?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I’m pretty much fine if we go Dugger, WR, RB or CB2 at 54.   I think that’s where the talent/fit aligns with BPA.  

I think OL and EDGE at 54 will be a reach. 

I think all make sense except WR. 

You'd have to get rid of one the guys we already have and give that player a path to a meaningful snap count. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

A buddy of mine who is a Packers fan just texted me asking why the Bills wouldn't be trying to trade for Aaron Rodgers right now. He said rumours out of GB are that Rodgers is furious they took Love and not a player who can help them try to win another Super Bowl this year. 

Might not make sense long term, but if we acquired Rodgers we'd have to be considered one of the 3-4 teams most likely to win the Super Bowl right?

Rodgers ain’t going nowhere. “Reports” are always overblown and over hyped. I’m sure he’s not happy but I highly doubt he’s having the meltdown the media speculates. 

Back to the point of the thread I am one of the few who really likes Delpit and hopes he’s drafted by us. I think he’s gonna be a special kinda player in this new hybrid NFL. Big, smart, and a playmaker. He would be extremely valuable in nickel packages which is basically our base D nowadays. 

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Sounds like a far fetched rumour to me.

I seriously doubt Aaron Rodgers, the leader of the team is even going to alienate a new player in this mannner.

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I think all make sense except WR. 

You'd have to get rid of one the guys we already have and give that player a path to a meaningful snap count. 

That’s absolutely fine. We have 3 WRs anyone would trust. The rest are all fillers until we can upgrade them.

Just now, Rc2catch said:

Rodgers ain’t going nowhere. “Reports” are always overblown and over hyped. I’m sure he’s not happy but I highly doubt he’s having the meltdown the media speculates. 

Back to the point of the thread I am one of the few who really likes Delpit and hopes he’s drafted by us. I think he’s gonna be a special kinda player in this new hybrid NFL. Big, smart, and a playmaker. He would be extremely valuable in nickel packages which is basically our base D nowadays. 

Rodgers is a different guy.

He takes stuff personally, and holds epic grudges. 

If he thinks the bridge was burned, it was burned. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

That’s absolutely fine. We have 3 WRs anyone would trust. The rest are all fillers until we can upgrade them.

Name an NFL team that isn't in the same situation.

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Rodgers is a different guy.

He takes stuff personally, and holds epic grudges. 

If he thinks the bridge was burned, it was burned. 

Name an NFL team that isn't in the same situation.

Why does that matter? We aren’t allowed to have more than 3 good WRs?

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

DL.

Try to find Jerry Hughes successor and another edge rusher option. 

We need a young DE on the roster who can get after the QB. 

I'm just not sure there are any in this draft who will be impactful next year.  I think grabbing Highsmith in the 3rd or 4th is the way to go.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Why does that matter? We aren’t allowed to have more than 3 good WRs?

We are.

My point is go after someone who can play receiver and contribute on special teams.

If they don't play special teams, they're not dressing on game day. 

18 minutes ago, Logic said:

From Joe B, on Dugger, who he’s been pounding the table for:

Picture this: Tremaine Edmunds, Matt Milano and Kyle Dugger all on the field on base defenses, with the ability to stay on for third downs. All three can drop back capably into zone coverage and are explosive options to blitz. They’ll cause mayhem for opposing offenses. That’s what Carolina had with Thompson, Luke Kuechly and Thomas Davis. He was the missing piece to McDermott’s vision back then, just like Dugger could be in the Bills’ defense. And that’s why the Bills made so many visits to see Dugger at Leinor-Rhyne this year.

I just don't get it where Joe B. is coming from. If they were going to draft a big nickel to play in their 4-3 base, why the hell did they give AJ Klein the contract he got? The other problem is that opposing offenses will just smash our 220lb linbackers....Like the Colts and Pats did to us two years ago. Now if they don't think that they are going to re-sign Milano and this is his replacement, fine, but then you are drafting a raw player who is just one year younger than Matt. Just weird to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

We are.

My point is go after someone who can play receiver and contribute on special teams.

If they don't play special teams, they're not dressing on game day. 

Maybe it’s why Foster dresses.  But if Foster is gone and say Pittman is there, they can find another gunner. It doesn’t have to be a WR. 

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I assume one of these guys will be available, I'd go, from your list: 

McKinney

Dobbins

Swift

Diggs`

Delpit

Mims

Pittman

Chin

in that order.  

I'd be happy with any of those but would really prefer a WR later in the draft. I would be surprised if Beane went WR in the 2nd unless one of them was just head and shoulders above other position groups on his board. In effect, they would have used a 1, 2, 5, 6, and a future 4 to go WR - WR for their first two players. I just don't think it shakes out that way. JMO

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Maybe it’s why Foster dresses.  But if Foster is gone and say Pittman is there, they can find another gunner. It doesn’t have to be a WR. 

Foster plays special teams. 

He covers kicks. 

Foster, McKenzie and Roberts all contribute on special teams. It's why when Zay Jones lost his job, they sent him packing because he was never going to dress again. 

11 minutes ago, dneveu said:

For me if its someone like Higgins?  Could be just a BPA value style pick.  It depends how the draft falls.

I'd love Higgins, but if you pick him then get rid of Beasley and give Brown and Diggs more reps from the slot. 

Unless you do that, go another route.

I find it impossible to imagine a team using their 1st, 2nd and 4th round picks on WRs in the same draft. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I find it impossible to imagine a team using their 1st, 2nd and 4th round picks on WRs in the same draft. 

This. So much this.

and considering what we traded for Diggs, it’s really more like 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 6th round picks in two WRs. That’s madness.

Edited by Logic