2020 NFL Draft Round 2 and 3 Discussion.

MAJBobby

Just now, njbuff said:

But who are we to argue who they pick.

Oh I’m ready to fight. I hate the pick already. I know this because I’ve been doing like 47 mock drafts a day in quarantine and I shut it down almost every time because I want no one at 54 who’s actually available. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

from that list -

Pittman

johnson

baun

YGM

higgins

I really like Pittman and then either Juan Jennings Or Kendrick Rogers in the late rounds. Those two do not dominate but all they do is make plays.

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Can Beane resist? He’s really a hybrid RB/WR

Instead of trading for a WR, if we are not going to use a pick on one.  Just go sign a Taylor Gabriel, Rashard Higgins or a Tavon Austin after the draft

My guesses for today assuming no trades....

Round 2: JK Dobbins RB Ohio State

Round 3: Julian Okwara EDGE Notre Dame

Round 4: Reggie Robinson CB Tulsa

Round 5: Quintez Cephus WR Wisconsin

Round 6: Cheyanne O'Grady TE Arkansas

Round 6: Alex Taylor OT South Carolina State

Round 7: Shyheim Carter S Alabama

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

I think another receiver gets lost in the shuffle. 

Your #4 receiver needs to play special teams or they'll be inactive on game day and I don't see any of these big receivers providing that versatility. 

There’s two extra roster spots now, so you could get away with a pure WR at #4.  I get what you’re saying though, especially when we have Roberts taking up a spot. 

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

I am not convinced Dugger or Chinn will be there.  Seems like a really high pick for a 3rd safety but who knows.

Agreed.  Seems overkill for an already loaded defense, but Dugger wouldn’t be “depth”, he’d probably end up on the field quite a bit with the type of defense we run. 

16 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Neal is a heckuva player and Marlow is a pretty good reserve.

I really don't understand the sentiment with Dugger or Chinn.

Respectfully, I do not feel that Neal or Marlowe are in Dugger or Chinn’s area code in terms of athleticism and overall ceiling.

Chinn and Dugger, to me, are much closer to a Shaq Thompson or Derwin James. Neal and Marlowe will likely never be that.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

There’s two extra roster spots now, so you could get away with a pure WR at #4.  I get what you’re saying though, especially when we have Roberts taking up a spot. 

I just look at the Bills roster and don't see a #4 WR getting more than a couple snaps a game on offense, meaning to be active they need to play special teams. 

I think the Bills will consider themselves set at WR.

They just used a 1st and 4th on Diggs, are they really going to use their 2nd on another one?

Probably not. 

46 minutes ago, Logic said:

I see lots and lots of anti big nickel sentiment, and I guess I’m curious what people’s reasoning is.

I want an Edge and a RB2, as well, but what if the value isn’t there?

Do people not understand that a big nickel would essentially be a starter in this defense and would provide maximum flexibility and disguise ability to the defense? 

We we saw last night with the Isaiah Simmons pick and recently with Derwin James that position-less defensive players are the future of the NFL. 

I’m just confused as to why people don’t want a super athletic, versatile playmaker like Dugger or Chinn who could take Buffalo’s defense to the next level.

I think the issue is less with the position and more with the player(s).

If you want a big nickle, I'm all for that, but pound the table for Delpit or McKinney. Dugger and Chinn might be interesting prospects but they're FAR from a sure thing and this draft is going to be VERY heavy on sure things. Perhaps that means that somebody, maybe us, later in the draft gets a steal, but you cannot take 24 year old from THAT small of a school in the 2nd just because he looks like he fits the bill. If you're desperate to fill that spot, trade up for Delpit and call it good. Otherwise lean into the fact that the guy you're selecting will either be considered a gamble and a reach in the 2nd, or an unknown prospect later.

With all that said, that's why many (like me) are pushing to fill other gaps with more proven commodities like one of the big WRs or one of the few available DEs left...

Edited by glazeduck
  • Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Taylor is going between 33-44.

I disagree on Taylor. He was a great college player but he doesn’t offer enough versatility. He needs to go to a system that will feature him as a runner and runner only. He doesn’t catch the ball, he fumbles a ton. He’s the type of guy that drops. 

I think he ultimately ends up with Pittsburgh at 50 cause he’s just a perfect fit there.

Just now, Logic said:

Respectfully, I do not feel that Neal or Marlowe are in Dugger or Chinn’s area code in terms of athleticism and overall ceiling.

Chinn and Dugger, to me, are much closer to a Shaq Thompson or Derwin James. Neal and Marlowe will likely never be that.

Wasn’t Neal supposed to be a small school athletic freak in his draft write up? 

Ceiling, sure, but I though Neal was an elite athlete. 

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Can Beane resist? He’s really a hybrid RB/WR

Depending on the price, I would love adding Samuel. I’d use him more at RB than Carolina did. More of a souped up Ty Montgomery, who would also take over McKenzie’s jet sweep/gadget role.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Weaver gets after the QB.

But can he do it at the NFL level?  He is doesn’t look to be the prototypical athletic pass rusher, nor is he an especially powerful rusher. Can he continue to win with his savvy against much better competition thane he faced at Boise St?

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

I am not convinced Dugger or Chinn will be there.  Seems like a really high pick for a 3rd safety but who knows.

You're right. They may not be there. They are guys who offer position flexibility and would give McD and Frazier a chess piece to help counter these 'new age' QBs like Mahomes, Jackson, and possibly Tua. That's the appeal.

• Like (+1) 1