Buffalo is getting a good player at 54

I want the best TE in the draft. That’s the 1 position on this roster I feel we are almost nowhere at. I know Knox made a few angry runs and got people all excited, but he dropped passes left and right and was invisible for weeks at a time. This franchise has never really had a truly excellent TE. Identify the best guy in the draft and find a way to make it happen. We are set at WR and the Oline is in good shape. We do need a # 2 RB but an excellent TE puts us into elite offense territory. Make it happen please.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I've got 3 guys top of mind in round 2.

DT Neville Gallimore, Oklahoma:  We have to stop the run, and our interior D-line is pretty up there in age.  A youth infusion is needed.

WR Michael Pittman, USC:  There are plenty of WR's that we could draft in round 3 and still have great VALUE, but if Gallimore and Akers are gone, I'm looking at Pittman.

RB Cam Akers, Florida State:  I think he's the perfect compliment to Singletary, and would bring some thunder in short yard and red zone situations.

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I want the best TE in the draft. That’s the 1 position on this roster I feel we are almost nowhere at. I know Knox made a few angry runs and got people all excited, but he dropped passes left and right and was invisible for weeks at a time. This franchise has never really had a truly excellent TE. Identify the best guy in the draft and find a way to make it happen. We are set at WR and the Oline is in good shape. We do need a # 2 RB but an excellent TE puts us into elite offense territory. Make it happen please.

I want a TE as well.  Take a good look at my sleeper pick from Stanford, PARKINSON.

1 minute ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

The best RBs are going to go fast.  I wouldn't hate a trade up.

I would.  Even if the top 3 are taken, I don't think that losing picks in a trade up would justify an RB pick since Singletary averages 5.1ypc.  We just need a complement, and I like a few beyond the top 3.

Check out:

Eno Benjamin, Arizona State

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I wouldn't mind edge rusher, but a safety on this team? When is he playing? 

Hey Scott,

I followed the Chargers a wile back and when they drafted Eric Weddle, I felt the same way.  They had two very good starters at the time and wondered about need. What they did in his rookie year is play him as the DIME back (and on the field an awful lot).  Then, since the safeties were getting a little old (like our are both going to be over 30), he was the primary backup and ended up playing due to injuries to starters (that happens more often when you are over 30).  I think it would be a smart move to add insurance at the position, and "heir apparent", as they say.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Singletary needs a decent back to share the load with... he isn't a workhorse back. 

I totally agree Scott, but this team has draft needs at multiple positions, and I just think that a trade up would be a mistake.  I think we need those pics!  I really want Cam Akers!!  but just hope he drops.

5 minutes ago, Yantha said:

I followed the Chargers a wile back and when they drafted Eric Weddle, I felt the same way.  They had two very good starters at the time and wondered about need. What they did in his rookie year is play him as the DIME back (and on the field an awful lot).  Then, since the safeties were getting a little old (like our are both going to be over 30), he was the primary backup and ended up playing due to injuries to starters (that happens more often when you are over 30).  I think it would be a smart move to add insurance at the position, and "heir apparent", as they say.

These are my exact thoughts. Duggar would be a guy to primarily backup Poyer and Hyde, either one of which can easily be injured long term or short term. I would love to add that type of depth at a position that I view as very important. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Really don't want a safety at 54. Give me more offense. 

It is going to be interesting to see how the top of the 2nd round falls...man, there are some good players out there.  At the end of the day I believe Beane will stay true to his evaluations and go BPA unless he sees a trade opportunity for somebody who has fallen farther than anticipated.

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Singletary needs a decent back to share the load with... he isn't a workhorse back. 

Yea. Just rather they go a primer position or skills position. Not a safety. I'd hate it honestly. 

I wouldn't want a safety at 54 either.  I see some depth in this draft and at least 3 that I'd like in rounds 3 onwards, like Brandon Jones, Texas, and both of the top S prospects from Alabama.

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Except he absolutely was a workhorse back in college.  If Dobbins, or god forbid Swift, fall to the Bills it would be hard to pass up but I don't think this is as urgent a need as others do.

I really want Bobby Boucher Jr. LB for South Central Lousiana St. Though from a small school he has the NCAA record for most sacks in a game and in a season. He has a serious nasty streak. If they can't get him, I will trust to the judgment of the Bills brain trust.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Getting a good player? Yeah, maybe but maybe not. But surely there'll be plenty of good ones still available.

But probably 60% of those guys will underachieve expectations.

So your saying there is a chance !