What would be the one position that you absolutely don't want us to draft with our first pick tomorrow?

For me it's offensive line. I feel like this would be a huge waste this early. With our first pick we need someone that either scores touchdowns for us or stops the other team from scoring TDs and an offensive lineman does neither. Drafting oline this draft is not bad but not the way we should go with our first pick either, in my opinion 

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Like I’ve said before, we ignore long snapper at our own peril.

We can ignore anything we want.  The Bills should ignore long snapper unless they find a candidate who can long snap and play other roles.

Entertaining by doing magic tricks does not count.

DT, C, FB, QB, ILB, K, P ...actually anything else can be based on value. I prefer CB,EDGE,RB,WR,OLB, in no particular order. Just get the best player. Even a safety solely because I think they could go after a big nickel / safety / corner type such as Chinn or Winfield because they have position flexibility. 

• Like (+1) 2

CB.  I think I am a lot higher on Wallace, Gaines, Taron than most.  I think all of them are quality starters and would be disappointed to see one of them bumped off the roster.  

I’m hoping for a WR or edge but trust Beane and would be happy with any other position.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

With due respect to special teams players, my first thought was TE.  Not that we're 100% set, but I don't even like the options at 54.  If Niang, or Josh Jones was there at 54, I would have no problem taking either.  FWIW, I love the idea of an early infusion of trench players annually, so maybe I'm jaded.  I don't see OL as our top priority, but BPA needs to be taken seriously. if someone falls

• Like (+1) 1

Ignoring the STs trio of Kicker, Punter and Long Snapper - I can't be serious about wanting/not wanting one of them with our 2nd round pick - I would have to say that I will trust Beane's judgement.

We need another RB, and my instincts tell me that the value could well be way above anything else, by the time we pick, or even if we move up a (very) few spots.

I'd also say that RB is the position where we will get a genuine contributor from day 1, with that pick. I'm not convinced that any other position will do the same.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buddo said:

Ignoring the STs trio of Kicker, Punter and Long Snapper - I can't be serious about wanting/not wanting one of them with our 2nd round pick - I would have to say that I will trust Beane's judgement.

We need another RB, and my instincts tell me that the value could well be way above anything else, by the time we pick, or even if we move up a (very) few spots.

I'd also say that RB is the position where we will get a genuine contributor from day 1, with that pick. I'm not convinced that any other position will do the same.

Impossible to make this judgment now..

Need to see who is still available when they pick..

28 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Impossible to make this judgment now..

Need to see who is still available when they pick..

Well, as it’s not a judgement, it’s eminently possible.

Fwiw, even a later round RB has good chances of being a significant contributor, and there’s room for another right now, on the roster.

Just about every other position, has guys ahead of whoever the pick might be, and most of them will take some unseating. I don’t see early contributors at other positions.