Nothing is more important than helping Allen right now

Tesla03

We are perfectly fine on defense. invested tons of money and effort into improving the defense in the last 2 years. 

Next year is all about Josh Allen. We need to do whatever we can in this draft to help him develop. nothing else really matters right now. if that means getting him another WR threat, or backup RB to take the pressure off, or even a OL guy so he isn't running for his life every time the opponent sends an extra man. 

we had a SB contending defense last season and what happened? we got bounced in the 1st round because we couldn't score a single point in the 2nd half other than the game tying field goal, and couldn't score in OT. 

Edited by Tesla03
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I get what you are saying, however if a round  1 edge rusher is available and we can get a RB and WR later, I could argue that the pressure from the edge could also help him more than a WR4

Edited by rayray808
  • Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I’m all for adding talent anywhere on the roster but if Allen can’t succeed with what we currently have then he’s not the guy we hope he is.

One could ask why did Andy Reid just draft a 1st round running back to help Mahomes and one of the best offenses in the league?

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Completely agree. A young qbs 3rd year is vital. He absolutely cannot take even a small step backwards and Beane has to do everything imaginable to ensure boosting this offense. The Diggs trade will be amazing but there are still some pieces that need to be finished. Devin will require a stud RB2. Knox will need a TE2 better than the mediocre 4 of Kroft, Croom, Sweeney and Lee "hot mess" Smith. Brown & Beasley are quickly approaching 30. We must pick a wr by 86. Maybe we can land at least 2 of these 3 needs. But if we didn't pick up even one more defensive player, WE'D STILL HAVE A TOP 5 DEFENSE!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Completely agree. A young qbs 3rd year is vital. He absolutely cannot take even a small step backwards and Beane has to do everything imaginable to ensure boosting this offense. The Diggs trade will be amazing but there are still some pieces that need to be finished. Devin will require a stud RB2. Knox will need a TE2 better than the mediocre 4 of Kroft, Croom, Sweeney and Lee "hot mess" Smith. Brown & Beasley are quickly approaching 30. We must pick a wr by 86. Maybe we can land at least 2 of these 3 needs. But if we didn't pick up even one more defensive player, WE'D STILL HAVE A TOP 5 DEFENSE!

So who will be the RB, WR and TE they should take and at what draft position?

Whilst I would be happy if they drafted the right WR tomorrow, I don’t necessarily buy the argument that they need to because Beasley and Brown are 29... both can be replaced in FA after this year..

13 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

So who will be the RB, WR and TE they should take and at what draft position?

Whilst I would be happy if they drafted the right WR tomorrow, I don’t necessarily buy the argument that they need to because Beasley and Brown are 29... both can be replaced in FA after this year..

Just for accuracy sake, Brown is 30 and Beasley is 31.

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Ok.. I was responding to the comment “approaching 30”... still think my comment stands...

Like I said "for accuracy".  Personally I want to see a WR drafted preferably one that can handle punts and kick returns making Roberts ST slot

expendable.  But that's my wish.

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

One could ask why did Andy Reid just draft a 1st round running back to help Mahomes and one of the best offenses in the league?

Perhaps you misunderstood my point. I don’t have a problem with adding more weapons on offense, in fact I’m all for it. What I’m saying is that there is currently enough talent on offense that would allow Allen to prove he’s a franchise QB. There are no real glaring holes that should holding him back like years past.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Perhaps you misunderstood my point. I don’t have a problem with adding more weapons on offense, in fact I’m all for it. What I’m saying is that there is currently enough talent on offense that would allow Allen to prove he’s a franchise QB. There are no real glaring holes that should holding him back like years past.

I think we could have a problem if Singletary got injured. Which is why RB looks like a good value choice to me.

If everyone stays healthy on Offense, we should be good to go.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Tesla03 said:

We are perfectly fine on defense. invested tons of money and effort into improving the defense in the last 2 years. 

Next year is all about Josh Allen. We need to do whatever we can in this draft to help him develop. nothing else really matters right now. if that means getting him another WR threat, or backup RB to take the pressure off, or even a OL guy so he isn't running for his life every time the opponent sends an extra man. 

we had a SB contending defense last season and what happened? we got bounced in the 1st round because we couldn't score a single point in the 2nd half other than the game tying field goal, and couldn't score in OT. 

It's all about the team. Everything else matters, now and always.

You don't draft for this year. If you do, you're not doing it right. Needs for this year are filled in FA and trades. Diggs fills the primary need. Most of the rest of the offensive improvement will come down to how much better Josh got.

BPA, at positions of relative need, which is most of them, but not all.

4 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

One could answer because Reid may have thought that RB was the BPA at a position of relative need.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'd say keeping your family safe during a pandemic but it's definitely a close second. 

The trade for Diggs helped him more than any draft pick could.  Trading for Trent Williams would pry be the biggest help but short of that adding a WR/TE/RB in the 2nd round should help.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Disagree. If Knox and Ford don't improve then we have pretty serious holes at RT and TE. Ford especially needs to be much, much better. Knox's highlight film plays don't offset the drops though I am optimistic that his drops are a thing of the past. I also think we need a RB who excels inside the tackles and in short yardage situations. We essentially filled the short yardage role with our QB last year and I don't think that is a good idea in terms of keeping our QB healthy. As for Josh proving he is a franchise QB. I think he already has. He can be better, sure but he more or less carried that offense last year and got us in to the playoffs with two games to spare in only his second year. Seriously, if all he does next year is the same thing, playoffs with two games to spare, are we ditching him and looking for another QB next year? Dumping a QB who gets you to the playoffs 2 out of his first 3 years?