DTV email for free 2020 Sunday Ticket?

Simon

So I didn't get the email either but my mom did so I had her forward it to me.  I just got off the phone with AT&T -- a very nice customer service rep in Arizona spent the better part of 30 minutes "looking" for information about this promotion and couldn't find anything.  She understood my dissatisfaction with the situation and gave me $300 in bill credits -- not quite enough to cover the cost of ST Max but better than "sorry, I can't find that promotion."

It would appear to be a random promo...will be interesting if I get the email later and still have those credits...

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, eball said:

So I didn't get the email either but my mom did so I had her forward it to me.  I just got off the phone with AT&T -- a very nice customer service rep in Arizona spent the better part of 30 minutes "looking" for information about this promotion and couldn't find anything.  She understood my dissatisfaction with the situation and gave me $300 in bill credits -- not quite enough to cover the cost of ST Max but better than "sorry, I can't find that promotion."

It would appear to be a random promo...will be interesting if I get the email later and still have those credits...

Thanks for the intel. I didn't get the e-mail either. I wonder if my strategy should change. I usually call in early August, because I have found calling too early usually doesn't help. 

26 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Thanks for the intel. I didn't get the e-mail either. I wonder if my strategy should change. I usually call in early August, because I have found calling too early usually doesn't help. 

In this case I think calling now is a good strategy.  It's hard for them to defend a "some people get the deal, some people don't" promotion.

I am so happy that I finally dropped DTV, I couldn't stand making any kind of phone call into their customer service.  Always take minimum 45 minutes to accomplish the smallest little thing and so much waiting for them.

Don't miss those days!

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Mc1320 said:

Direct TV/AT&T is bleeding subscribers like crazy - this is a last ditch effort to get back/keep subscribers before they lose exclusive rights to Sunday Ticket.

My Dad has directv since 1996, customer service has gone to hell since AT&T bought them.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

My Dad has directv since 1996, customer service has gone to hell since AT&T bought them.

If it wasn't for the Sunday ticket I would have dropped them. Agree with you on their customer service going to **** with AT&T.

4 hours ago, eball said:

That is exactly what happened to me a few years ago when I got this email.

Highly doubt anyone's getting free Sunday ticket this fall (assuming there's a season). The only email I got from them yesterday was to watch the draft. Besides a year from now DTV will probably be done unless Dish swoops in to save them. AT&T wants no part of them with the loses and people streaming. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Highly doubt anyone's getting free Sunday ticket this fall (assuming there's a season). The only email I got from them yesterday was to watch the draft. Besides a year from now DTV will probably be done unless Dish swoops in to save them. AT&T wants no part of them with the loses and people streaming. 

I got the “watch the draft email too.” I was so excited when I got that email, frantically opening it up to get my free deal. Then it says, “watch the NFL draft.”

reminds me of this famous scene in “Christmas story,” where Ralphie waits for his decoder ring to decode a secret message, only to find out the secret message was a commercial for ovalteen. 

10 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Ha.. I didn't  even get a email reminding me the draft was on! 20+ years customer

I have had Sunday ticket about the same period and no email. I am sure I can wait a few hours and get transferred 7 times to be promised the promo only to have it show up on my bill only to spend a few more hours asking for my refund..can’t wait until NFL dunks that deal

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I have had Sunday ticket about the same period and no email. I am sure I can wait a few hours and get transferred 7 times to be promised the promo only to have it show up on my bill only to spend a few more hours asking for my refund..can’t wait until NFL dunks that deal

Exactly my experience. I’m calling next month to cut the cord forever.  I’m done with them even if they offered me the free ticket.  Not worth the headache. 

I like being a pirate again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1