Is Tua Johnny Manziel 2.0?

15 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

So was Marcus marriota

True but Mariota came from a spread offense, and found some success in the NFL. He also played in the Pac-12. Manziel found none. 

Tua comes from style of offense similar to what you see in the NFL, played against the best defenses in college football, and if Joe Burrow didnt have the best single college season of all time, would have been picked #1

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MassHog said:

True but Mariota came from a spread offense, and found some success in the NFL. He also played in the Pac-12. Manziel found none. 

Tua comes from style of offense similar to what you see in the NFL, played against the best defenses in college football, and if Joe Burrow didnt have the best single college season of all time, would have been picked #1

I am not a Burrow fan either

I actually like Marriotta (met him once actually) but he also has had problems with injuries.....and Tua comes into the league....injured

Except for the fact that he is a fin......I have nothing against him.

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Tua in the AFCE seriously concerns me. Our best hope may be The Fitzy Curse!  Tua seems like he may be susceptible to the dark magic. :)

Not that I EVER want anyone to get hurt, but.....

I wasn’t happy when they got him either but I know Fitzy will come through for us once more and screw the kid up so we can stay on top. ? 

I’ve actually been watching some drought videos on YouTube and he (Fitz) was fun to watch...at times. Weird to see him without his beard. 

Through those years we had some darn good players...but the snake that was the Bills had no head. Just horrendous in the FO from top down. So terrible looking back. I’m a glass half full guy so always went in to each season with all guns blazing only to finally realize that we suck yet again. ? 

Apologies for hijacking the thread. 

Sadly, I don’t think these could have gone better for the Fins.  Before the season, it looked like they were tanking, and Tua was the consensus number 1 pick.  They sign Fitz and win games to establish a “culture.”  Tua gets hurt and they get him and don’t have to trade him.  He gets a redshirt year an gets to learn from a great guy in Fitz.  Without the injury issues, he’s the best young qb in the division.  

and Johnny The cokehead was never going to take it.  He ran around like an idiot and throw jump passes to Evans.  If you watched film on both guys, you’d realize they couldn’t be more different.  I don’t root for injuries but if Tua can stay healthy, and that’s a huge of, they have a great foundation.   

• Like (+1) 2

Tua will be the next Patrick Mahomes.  We had to deal with Tom Brady for 20 Years.  We will have to deal with Tua for the next 15.  He's a quality person with great parents and a quality football player.  To compare him to Johnny Manziel is totally disrespectful.  The Dolphins will win the Super Bowl in the next 3 to five years.  The college game allows the QB's to take more punishment.   Injuries won't be a problem for him, and Brian Flores is a no nonsense coach.  

Edited by Big Curt
  • Like (+1) 2