Is Tua Johnny Manziel 2.0?

Let’s look at the facts. Both players benefitted from STAR OT’s in college. Both players benefitted from STAR WR’s. Tua has even better players than Johnny.

If the Emperor loses his clothes, is he really just a Johnny Manziel without the cool nickname?

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Let's hope. But I think Manziel's problem was his own mind rather than a lack of talent.

Well said.  Manziel was a head case and his own worst enemy.  Just one dumb thing after another.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Tua is not a party boy who is going to waste his career. But he may be a brittle lump of dust under the Bills D.

How do we know how Tua will react living in South Beach? Without his overbearing Dad to make his decisions for him, he could go wild there. Add in the 13 on the Wonderlic, and there's at least some risk that this could end up like Marinovich. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, MJS said:

Let's hope. But I think Manziel's problem was his own mind rather than a lack of talent.

that, and his lack of talent.

22 minutes ago, H2o said:

Absolutely not. Tua can actually read a defense, look off defenders, and is the exact opposite character wise. 

but comes with injuries instead.

id rather take tua, but not scared of him in the division either 

13 hours ago, FireChans said:

Let’s look at the facts. Both players benefitted from STAR OT’s in college. Both players benefitted from STAR WR’s. Tua has even better players than Johnny.

If the Emperor loses his clothes, is he really just a Johnny Manziel without the cool nickname?

There will only ever be one other Johnny Manziel and that's Billy Vegas

Billy Manziel: Best photoshops of Billy Football | Larry Brown Sports 

Edited by ProcessAccepted
  • Haha (+1) 1

Manziel wasnt a professional.  He partied his way out of the league.  Tua wont do that imo.  Maybe he gets hurt, most likley he is a hard worker and becomes a good player.  Manziel was all potential no work ethic. 

• Like (+1) 2

There is no comparison, in my opinion. The writing was on the wall with Johnny ‘$’. That was never Tua. He’s a team guy and isn’t made of glass: he always played to win a’la Josh...not a bad thing. 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 4

55 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Manziel was a total piece of garbage in college. I thought it was clear back then, he had a high bust  factor. One thing I always ask is, "how will this guy handle a crapload of money and freedom?" I thought Manziel was likely to handle it badly. There is nothing about Tua to suggest he is in that same category. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1