2020 NFL Draft: Round 1 discussion

3 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Moss, Allen or 4 or 5 other guys will be around to figure out how to get in the 3rd round.

IMO, Moss should be the target now, with Dobbins, Swift and Taylor likely to go early in round 2.     He'd be a great compliment to Motor.   

The problem is, #54 is too high and #86 too low, as he'd likely be gone by then.   Beane would have to pull of some of his draft day wizardry to find a way to get into the appropriate position to snag him.   If we lose out on Moss, then Joshua Kelly is the next guy up that I think would be a really good fit...

• Sad 1

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I truly think Buffalo goes BPA with exception of DT, we could use an extra depth player everywhere. I definitely do not think they will reach for a RB if he does not grade out since there are so many still available in free agency like Carlos Hyde.

I love my Buckeyes, but passing on a guy like Swift / Dobbins / Akers / Taylor because Carlos Hyde is a FA is just gross.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

I really wish KC didn't take CEH with the last pick last night.  Even if they had moved out of round 1 and took him early day 2 it would have been much better (at least what I'm telling myself), the league has a lot of copy cat tendencies and all these GMs are going to be thinking about the team they are chasing taking a RB for the ~16 hours between picks.

I still think the RBs are going to come off the board slowly 

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I still think the RBs are going to come off the board slowly 

I think we a second run on tackles and receivers which may push those guys down. Jones, Cleveland, Mims, Higgins etc. Getting toys for or protecting new quaterbacks. 

4 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I love my Buckeyes, but passing on a guy like Swift / Dobbins / Akers / Taylor because Carlos Hyde is a FA is just gross.

I would think those dudes would be BPA at our pick but if the Bills do not grade them as highly as we do then BPA regardless of position. The Bills do not see RB as need like we do.

1 hour ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Just going off the 70 or 80 mocks I ran, leading up to the draft. Many had him available in the 5th. Some in the 6th. Just from the simulations alone, I thought going a round "early"--according to them--should get the job done.

Devin Singletary went 74th overall last year. Same mock drafts probably had him slotted around pick 120 End of rd 4 grade.

I think it’s a good argument to say Darrynton may be a top 100 player. Give or take right.... so at pick 86? If you like him you take him. He won’t be there at 128. 100% guaranteed!

10 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think we a second run on tackles and receivers which may push those guys down. Jones, Cleveland, Mims, Higgins etc. Getting toys for or protecting new quaterbacks. 

There are also some really good DTs available that have been pushed down. Buffalo won’t take one imo so that helps us as I think NE takes one and they start to come off before 54

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I would think those dudes would be BPA at our pick but if the Bills do not grade them as highly as we do then BPA regardless of position. The Bills do not see RB as need like we do.

Well, "as we do" could mean a lot of things.  I don't think you have any information inside One Bills Drive, nor do I.  Beane has said he wants "touchdown makers. Beane has said he needs more weapons for Allen. Beane has one legit RB (Singeltary) and then some special teams guys and one guy who was a healthy scratch for 12 of our games.

Bean has stated and in the previous two years , traded up a number of picks to get the guy he wanted.   Don't be suprised to see the same thing from our 54 pick.

12 hours have passed and I am still kind of laughing at GB drafting Love with Rodgers. Not that Love will be bad, but just how baffling it has to be to GB fans and how fuming Rodgers must be today. 

That said, according to sportrac, GB has on out in Rodgers contract in 2022, the same year TB12 contract expires. Could Arians never actually have to draft a QB. Guy just signs Palmer, Brady, Rodgers in some twilight years with just enough left in the tank.  It is actually kind of wild. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

Being married to a Lions fan we were sitting there wondering why Okudah.. Corner at 3 seems hard to swallow but then again you just never know in the draft.

I think the philosophy is that if you are picking in the top 5, you should draft one of the elite players. Usually there are only a few. They took one. It is a very high value position. Probably only behind QB, LT. And they had a huge need at corner. It was a no brainer to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

I go with Dobbins because he has proven that he can catch the ball out of the backfield.  Taylor probably can do it- how well, I can't project that.

and taylor has so many touches on his legs you gotta think he's worn down a bit

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

and taylor has so many touches on his legs you gotta think he's worn down a bit

He has about 1000 touches. Dobbins is a 3 year starter as well but shared carries the first 2 and this year he didn’t play a lot in the 4th qtr due to lopsided games. When I look at both of their performances vs good defenses it’s highly in favor of dobbins. But at the same time, he played in an offense that had a lot of options so it was tough to defend whereas defenses always keyed in on Taylor. Both had excellent blocking. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of trading (a 5th) for Fournette.  He's got just a $4.2M cap hit, will be insanely motivated, and he caught 76 passes last year.

dream is diggs in the second and a 5th for fournette. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of trading (a 5th) for Fournette.  He's got just a $4.2M cap hit, will be insanely motivated, and he caught 76 passes last year.

Doc, I still cut both ways on it.  I am so intrigued abut the RBs in rounds 3 and 4, but getting someone like Fournette for that money is an exciting possibility.

I just wish he were 50% less dick in my mind.  

I guess I am saying I am 6 or 1/2 dozen of the other.

• Like (+1) 1