2020 NFL Draft: Round 1 discussion

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Just want say a nice FU to KC for taking my running back, Clyde Edwards Helaire. I thought he was the best back out there even though he was ranked 5th and was hoping we could get him in the second.  Guess Andy holds the same view, that bas****d.

He would have been great in our offense.:wallbash: 

Well,  don't you know that taking a good, pass-catching and rushing RB early in the draft is a terrible idea?   We shouldn't follow the lead of a disfunctional franchise like KC.  What have they ever done lately !! ................ ..................... Yea, he would have been great in Buffalo. I'm surprised as Swift was supposed to go way before Edwards-Helaire.

16 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Bills are going defense no matter what offensive player is there.

Book it. 

Unless it’s at edge, that’s ridiculous if true. Adding Stefon and maintaining continuity on the oline is great, but the offense isn’t fixed. Get Josh more weapons. 

7 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

If they are predicting 5 RBs round 2.... Evans is probably rated #7 or 8? Does that last til the end of the 3rd? Let alone 4th?

I had Darrynton mocked at pick 86.

Just going off the 70 or 80 mocks I ran, leading up to the draft. Many had him available in the 5th. Some in the 6th. Just from the simulations alone, I thought going a round "early"--according to them--should get the job done.

9 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

I bet it’s food 

guy was almost 400 LBs 

Time to trot out my favorite Eddie Lacy tweet.  "Been sittin here eatin gummy bears for the last half hour"

26 minutes ago, Iamkrgr said:

You like Akers better than Taylor and Dobbins?

I find Akers the highest risk of the 4. 

Dude Akers is a stud, you put him in Ohio States situation instead of FSU the last couple he would have eclipsed all Dobbins numbers. 

Akers is better than Dobbins and Taylor as an NFL prospect. I’ve been saying it for months. He is exactly Dalvin Cook, literally the same player. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Dude Akers is a stud, you put him in Ohio States situation instead of FSU the last couple he would have eclipsed all Dobbins numbers. 

Akers is better than Dobbins and Taylor as an NFL prospect. I’ve been saying it for months. He is exactly Dalvin Cook, literally the same player. 

We wanted Akers and settled for Dobbins when he chose FSU. I love Dobbins but Akers was the man and scary to think what he would have done at Ohio state with that OL and offensive scheme. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

I truly think Buffalo goes BPA with exception of DT, we could use an extra depth player everywhere. I definitely do not think they will reach for a RB if he does not grade out since there are so many still available in free agency like Carlos Hyde.

I really wish KC didn't take CEH with the last pick last night.  Even if they had moved out of round 1 and took him early day 2 it would have been much better (at least what I'm telling myself), the league has a lot of copy cat tendencies and all these GMs are going to be thinking about the team they are chasing taking a RB for the ~16 hours between picks.