Todd McShay has COVID-19, off draft broadcast

Rico

Hope he recovers well.

Can't say I'll miss him, as I think he's rubbish.

Neither particularly well informed, or an especially astute evaluator.

I think Kiper is a better evaluator, by far, but Mayock was even more so. Mayock also was able to give you who the next team might pick, and was regularly correct.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Buddo said:

Hope he recovers well.

Can't say I'll miss him, as I think he's rubbish.

Neither particularly well informed, or an especially astute evaluator.

I think Kiper is a better evaluator, by far, but Mayock was even more so. Mayock also was able to give you who the next team might pick, and was regularly correct.

nah

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

nah

Well, yea.... but because he was getting tipped the picks. The number of times it would be like 

Mayock: "Seattle they have a need at tackle there are two tackles near the top of my board I think one of them would make sense. They need a tackle"

Eisen: "Well here comes the commissioner..."

Mayock: "I think the corner Joe Bloggs makes sense here too"

Goodell: "And with the 22nd pick, Seattle selects, Joe Bloggs, Corner" 

22 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I wish McShay nothing but the best but I tend to agree. They could probably cut to him once every 5 picks for 2 minutes on his thoughts. They don’t need to abuse him but...

Agree, but they're probably worried about getting slammed for the optics.    Timing sucks for him, though--even though it's a first world problem in the grand scheme of things...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Well, yea.... but because he was getting tipped the picks. The number of times it would be like 

Mayock: "Seattle they have a need at tackle there are two tackles near the top of my board I think one of them would make sense. They need a tackle"

Eisen: "Well here comes the commissioner..."

Mayock: "I think the corner Joe Bloggs makes sense here too"

Goodell: "And with the 22nd pick, Seattle selects, Joe Bloggs, Corner" 

that was the myth anyway...

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

by agents?

by the league.  They hand in the card, they tip the pick to the NFLN broadcast, they talk into Mayock's ear.  It's not that hard.  How many times do they obviously wait to announce the pick until the broadcast is done talking and ready for them to? Answer, all the time.

The other thing is they obviously pick out teams they are going to hammer every year no matter what they do.  They can talk both ways about any player depending on who takes them.  It's not a factual broadcast. It's a made for TV event and they interject intrigue and drama to increase viewer interest.

Just now, That's No Moon said:

by the league.  They hand in the card, they tip the pick to the NFLN broadcast, they talk into Mayock's ear.  It's not that hard.  How many times do they obviously wait to announce the pick until the broadcast is done talking and ready for them to? Answer, all the time.

The other thing is they obviously pick out teams they are going to hammer every year no matter what they do.  They can talk both ways about any player depending on who takes them.  It's not a factual broadcast. It's a made for TV event and they interject intrigue and drama to increase viewer interest.

Oh so you mean his  pick from his final mock changed in real time live during the draft immediately before the picks were announced because the NFL was shouting in his earpiece?