Bold predictions for tonight's first round.

turftoe

19 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Beane doesn't do a damn thing and we aren't mentioned tonight. That's anti-Beane, but I think that's what's gonna happen. The only craziness would be if he moves up to #2 and sends the message that we have 2-3 years to win a SB before it's all torn down again.

Let's hope so.  I have no interest in spending any top picks from the 2021 draft tonight.

• Like (+1) 2

Not sure how Bold, but DJ's mock last night was the first time I've seen this even though it seems pretty obvious to me: The Bucs will take a WR with the 14th pick. I don't expect one of the elite T's to be there at 14, so instead of settling they will grab Jeudy, Ruggs, or Lamb (whichever is left) to give that last piece to their offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Saban loved John Parker Wilson, Greg McElroy, AJ McCarron and Jalen Hurts as well.  If he doesn't really like you, you are not seeing the field at Bama.  What makes everyone think that Tua is a generational talent?  Maybe its his name.  Has a cool Samoan ring to it.  Why is noone talking up Joe Burrow on here?   He had an amazing season.  Its all Tua Tua Tua.  Belichick may actually like Jared Stidham and give him the keys this year.  Do you think Tua has more potential then Jared Goff or Carson Wentz?  I would like to hear some response to that?  Curious....

You are right that Saban wouldn't play a QB he didn't like. He recently came out and said that if teams pass on Tua for medical reasons,  they would be making the same mistake that he made with the Dolphins regarding Drew Brees. Tua is leap years better than the QBs you mentioned. I think Belichick is going to listen to Saben. It's just a bold prediction to fire up the draft juices. 

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The only 2 teams to trade up will be Atlanta and Philly. Everyone else will stay where they are.

I could see Cleveland trading down, especially if they trade for Trent Williams.  Their top need is OT.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This guys aren’t nearly enough. We’d be looking at Gilmore, Thuney, 23 and a 2nd or something like that to start. Miami’s package has so much more value otherwise.

I doubt they would let Gilmore go. #23 plus Thuney plus Edelman plus next years first. They also have 3-3rd rounders and 2-4ths this year. NE and Detroit have made several trades the past two years and I think there is something to GMs/Teams having a level of comfort with each other, especially for a big trade such as this. It's just my bold prediction on draft day.

2 minutes ago, turftoe said:

I doubt they would let Gilmore go. #23 plus Thuney plus Edelman plus next years first. They also have 3-3rd rounders and 2-4ths this year. NE and Detroit have made several trades the past two years and I think there is something to GMs/Teams having a level of comfort with each other, especially for a big trade such as this. It's just my bold prediction on draft day.

Say Thuney has the value of a 2nd and Edelman a 4th. Next year’s first is the equivalent of a 2nd in the draft value chart. They are about a 1st round pick (minimum) short still. Gilmore HAS to be a part of the package or it can’t happen. Now maybe they can get into the teens with package but not to 3. Gilmore, Thuney, 23 and a 2021 2nd probably gets it done. 

22 minutes ago, turftoe said:

I could see Cleveland trading down, especially if they trade for Trent Williams.  Their top need is OT.

It's weird to me that players like Ngakoue and Williams haven't been traded yet. I cant imagine teams will want to part with 2021 picks until they know how the season will be played.

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Trading away a premium pick for peanuts would likely accelerate the loss of their job. They would need Thuney, Gilmore, 2020 1st, 2nd and 2021 1st. That might get it done. Doesn’t leave New England with much of a team though. 

That still won’t get it done ( IMO )

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Say Thuney has the value of a 2nd and Edelman a 4th. Next year’s first is the equivalent of a 2nd in the draft value chart. They are about a 1st round pick (minimum) short still. Gilmore HAS to be a part of the package or it can’t happen. Now maybe they can get into the teens with package but not to 3. Gilmore, Thuney, 23 and a 2021 2nd probably gets it done. 

Your probably right. NE would probably have a stipulation that the trade doesn't happen until they are on the clock. That way Miami wouldn't have the urgency to try to get to #2. Maybe Detroit traded Darius Slay knowing Gilmore was part of the deal. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It's weird to me that players like Ngakoue and Williams haven't been traded yet. I cant imagine teams will want to part with 2021 picks until they know how the season will be played.

They can't get a team physical before the draft. That might be a factor.

1 hour ago, turftoe said:

I mentioned players as part of the deal besides picks. Patricia and possibly Quinn are up against it for their jobs. Getting established players that can contribute now may be more appealing than picks.

I think the issue is that player over 30 in the NFL are mostly worthless. 

The guys you mentioned aren't worth anything more than late round picks, so to make that move New England might have to trade like 3 first and 3 seconds to get up that high. 

If it was going to happen, New England would already need to have traded into the teens. The late 20s is way too distant a jump off point to move all the way into the top 5. 

I think the board will come to them at QB and they'll be able to get the guy they want if they go that route in the 10-15 range and save a massive amount of draft capital.