Bold predictions for tonight's first round.

turftoe

Ok, time to go out on a limb here. NE trades up to #3 and picks a QB. They have very close ties to GM Quinn who was in their organization for 15 years and also to Patricia. I could see Joe Thuney or Edelman as part of a deal with multiple picks. Since Saban loves Tua and is tight with Belichick,  Tua would likely be the target. I hope it doesn't happen but it makes a lot of sense to me. 

Flame away. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

New England doesn’t have the firepower get to 3. Miami is the team likely to go to 3. I could see the Chargers doing it too. 

I mentioned players as part of the deal besides picks. Patricia and possibly Quinn are up against it for their jobs. Getting established players that can contribute now may be more appealing than picks.

3 minutes ago, turftoe said:

I mentioned players as part of the deal besides picks. Patricia and possibly Quinn are up against it for their jobs. Getting established players that can contribute now may be more appealing than picks.

Trading away a premium pick for peanuts would likely accelerate the loss of their job. They would need Thuney, Gilmore, 2020 1st, 2nd and 2021 1st. That might get it done. Doesn’t leave New England with much of a team though. 

23 minutes ago, turftoe said:

This guys aren’t nearly enough. We’d be looking at Gilmore, Thuney, 23 and a 2nd or something like that to start. Miami’s package has so much more value otherwise.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I’m gonna say Washington trades out of 2 with Miami. Just for fun I don’t want the dolphins loading up and possibly hitting on all those first rounders. I’m not as scared of Tua in Miami as I would be with 3 solid rookies the next 5 years. 

Edited by Rc2catch

29 minutes ago, turftoe said:

Ok, time to go out on a limb here. NE trades up to #3 and picks a QB. They have very close ties to GM Quinn who was in their organization for 15 years and also to Patricia. I could see Joe Thuney or Edelman as part of a deal with multiple picks. Since Saban loves Tua and is tight with Belichick,  Tua would likely be the target. I hope it doesn't happen but it makes a lot of sense to me. 

Flame away. 

Saban loved John Parker Wilson, Greg McElroy, AJ McCarron and Jalen Hurts as well.  If he doesn't really like you, you are not seeing the field at Bama.  What makes everyone think that Tua is a generational talent?  Maybe its his name.  Has a cool Samoan ring to it.  Why is noone talking up Joe Burrow on here?   He had an amazing season.  Its all Tua Tua Tua.  Belichick may actually like Jared Stidham and give him the keys this year.  Do you think Tua has more potential then Jared Goff or Carson Wentz?  I would like to hear some response to that?  Curious....

Teams trading up - Miami, New England, Atlanta, New Orleans Saints, maybe LA Chargers

Teams Trading Down - Detroit, NYG, SF, Seattle

Second QB taken - Tua

First RB taken - Swift

Mims, Aiyuk and Jefferson go before Higgins

minimum of 6 O linemen taken in round 1

Three most popular positions in round 1 - WR, OL, CB!

Surprise Round 1 picks - Isiah Wilson, Ross Blacklock, Jordyn Brooks, Jaylon Johnson

Beane doesn't do a damn thing and we aren't mentioned tonight. That's anti-Beane, but I think that's what's gonna happen. The only craziness would be if he moves up to #2 and sends the message that we have 2-3 years to win a SB before it's all torn down again.

Edited by Seasons1992
Grammar error

37 minutes ago, turftoe said:

Flame away. 

I wouldn't put this past the Lions. The Lions have been the benchmark of organizational ineptitude within the NFL for years.

4 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Beane doesn't do a damn thing and we aren't mentioned tonight. That's anti-Beane, but I think that's what's gonna happen. The only craziness would be if he moves up to #2 and sends the message that we have 2-3 years to win a SB before it's all torn down again.

this doesn't seem bold to me... This is pretty much exactly what I expect to happen.