Who is your surprising Round 1 Pick

RyanC883

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

There are some answers that I like (Hurts, CEH, Greenard).

I will get wild though and say Antonio Gibson at 32 to KC. They can afford the luxury of an explosive playmaker and will know exactly what to do with him.

I would love it becaus that the kind of draft move that makes you waste a decade of a HoF QB’s career.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I would love it becaus that the kind of draft move that makes you waste a decade of a HoF QB’s career.

Eh, the Chiefs could select me at 32 and be one of the best couple of teams in the NFL. I doubt Gibson is the pick but wanted to go bold.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Eh, the Chiefs could select me at 32 and be one of the best couple of teams in the NFL. I doubt Gibson is the pick but wanted to go bold.

It’s actually very interesting and off topic, but the Chief’s GM/FO have one of the most interesting jobs going forward. The goal is no longer SuperBowl or bust but building sustainability.

The Chiefs are stacked, you are correct. But if you are wasting first round picks, even late firsts, you won’t be stacked for long. If I’m the Chiefs GM, I start making draft picks for a year or three from now, because if you don’t, you’ll wake up one morning as the Falcons.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Think there's a good chance that Jalen Hurts, Ashtyn Davis, and Bradlee Anae all go in the first round which would be higher than their consensus Big Board rankings. 

Hurts is the pre-draft hype or is it disinformation....Davis is a track star transitioning to football and plays stiff...Anae maebye

Edited by First Round Bust
spelling

1 hour ago, Mark80 said:

Jalen Hurts to NE.

That WOULD be a surprise to me. There were several times in his career that he just didn't produce against the better defenses, although he did come through at other times as well.

Jalen is a very good runner but he isn't a speedster. He is more of a strong runner which is somewhat uncommon for a qb. He can throw deep but he needs to step into throws more than many quarterbacks, and he isn't known for his fastball.

Jalen played on teams with great offensive weapons. At Alabama, he had more defensive help than Tua had last year. I am also of the opinion that he didn't face any real defensive competition at Oklahoma.

He is a smart, confident young man. I think that he would do well to play as a backup to a quarterback that is not particularly mobile for a nice change of pace.

I wish him well and am quite thankful to him for the way he handled himself after being benched. I can only imagine how tough on him it was. He (and the players) had to know it was coming. He even played very poorly in the "A" Game and it sealed his fate.

I hope he DOES get drafted early, makes a ton of money, and has a great career.

Do I view him as a first round QB? No, I do not.

Jmro.

Edited by Bill from NYC