Changing the Buffalo Draft Goals

BillsVet

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I feel we’re set at every starting position except RB. Not because Motor isn’t capable of starting.  He is. But because I view us having 2 starting caliber RBs under this regime.  I think it will always be a time share with McD as coach.  It’ll keep the backs fresh, healthy and provides depth in case one gets hurt.  

we need another RB.   Sure, we can sign Hyde or Lamar Miller, but there’s also a chance they fail to secure the proper backup and we end up with Gore or Tolbert.  I really hope we draft a talented back tomorrow

I think you can rest easy. The Bills will absolutely, positively draft a RB and an Edge player. Not counting Daryl Johnson, they only have three legit edge guys. At RB, they only have Singletary and Yeldon (Jones is strictly special teams. And Christian Wade? Riiight). 

Based on roster numbers alone. We can almost guarantee these two positions will be drafted.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, WorstTEever81 said:

This sounds too much like why it was imperative that we draft James Hardy

Not sure I agree there...

For one, I think the logic when drafting Hardy (R.I.P.) was "we need a big WR, he seems like the best of group"; I'm saying (agnostic of position, since that apparently/somehow ruffled feathers) look for guys who have a high ceiling -- long-levered, athletes who need to learn/grow into their body and a position, guys who ooze talent or measurables who might've been in a bad coaching situation in college, guys who have everything you'd want athletically but might need refinement.

Secondly, going back to the Hardy example, that was a historically bad draft for WRs, this is not that. In other years, WRs that will be available to us in the late 2nd could have otherwise easily gone in the 1st. 

13 minutes ago, Logic said:

I think you can rest easy. The Bills will absolutely, positively draft a RB and an Edge player. Not counting Daryl Johnson, they only have three legit edge guys. At RB, they only have Singletary and Yeldon (Jones is strictly special teams. And Christian Wade? Riiight). 

Based on roster numbers alone. We can almost guarantee these two positions will be drafted.

Probably safer to say they'll still address those positions... Generally agree at RB, but the DE/Edge in this draft is SOOO bad that I could see them drafting for value and looking to free agency to fill the DE need...

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Logic said:

I just get scared that we’re going to draft an edge rusher not named Uche.  He’s really the only guy I think is worth 54 when looking at the edge.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I just get scared that we’re going to draft an edge rusher not named Uche.  He’s really the only guy I think is worth 54 when looking at the edge.  

Well...being attached to just ONE player and anticipating disappointment at the selection of anybody other than that one player is definitely setting yourself up for failure, in my estimation!

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

Well...being attached to just ONE player and anticipating disappointment at the selection of anybody other than that one player is definitely setting yourself up for failure, in my estimation!

As far as edge defenders are concerned.  Uche and Taylor are the only guys I’d be happy with in rd 2.  I’d be fine with 5 RBs, a few wrs, OL, S, LBs, DT.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

Like the year I wanted to trade back in the 1st and draft Justin Houston... then we selected someone else and so did everyone else. The second round, I wanted to trade up for him, but we didn’t and drafted some else, and so did everybody else. Then came the 3rd round and I knew we would trade up to get him, but we stayed put, and still passed on him... then the Chiefs selected that perennial pro bowler. Talk about getting let down 3 rounds in a row, then crying every Sunday knowing he should have been a Bill. 

• Like (+1) 1