Patriots Sign WR Marqise Lee to a 1 year Deal

MAJBobby

I could understand if this thread was closed because of the trolling, but it's a mystery to me why the original "Marquis Lee Cut" thread was closed.  It contained no flaming, no trolling, and concerned a player that at least some Bills fans (including some veteran posters) were willing to talk about.  Does the Board lack server capacity to allow such a discussion to continue?  I just don't get the delight some take in shutting down threads.  This is a polite request - - can a moderator enlighten me please?

4 hours ago, fresh716 said:

Personal attacks? Real classy.

You reap what you sow, mr classy poster... 

15 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Sounds like a typical "buy low" Pats move. The past few haven't worked out too well (Josh Gordon and AB in particular) but these moves typically work out for the Pats. 

Maybe with Brady in his prime. 

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Maybe with Brady in his prime. 

They went 11-5 without Brady, granted that was ages ago but we will see just how much was Brady and how much was the Pats system/design. I wouldn't count them out just yet, top ST unit, still a strong top 10 defense, and pieces on offense to work with. 

6 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

They went 11-5 without Brady, granted that was ages ago but we will see just how much was Brady and how much was the Pats system/design. I wouldn't count them out just yet, top ST unit, still a strong top 10 defense, and pieces on offense to work with. 

That was with Cassel taking over arguably the greatest offense in NFL history.  They'll take a big step back offensively this year.   And as for their ST's, they have no kicker.

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

That was with Cassel taking over arguably the greatest offense in NFL history.  They'll take a big step back offensively this year.   And as for their ST's, they have no kicker.

The Pats always seem to find a decent kicker but that aside they still had a very good ST unit without a consistent kicker. Their defense should still be top 10 in the league as well. But I do agree I think that their offense might be one of the worst in the league. They have no QB and not the best weapons. Although I think their stable of RB's and their O-line (if they keep Tuney) is solid their flaws will not be drastically improved via the draft most likely. 

Overall I think the Pats aren't worth writing off just yet. They are exceptionally well coached which is a huge advantage, they still have a decent amount of talent and a good complement of draft picks to work with. I think Billy B can get 7 wins out of a team that normally would win 3 or 4.