Big Board ratings of running backs in the top 100

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Which edge rushers do you speak of?

edit:  I feel the only edge rusher I’d be happy with at 54 is Uche and he’s more of a LB/situational pass rusher, similar to Lorax

Uche, Lewis, Okwara and Weaver has all been mocked to us at various points and various boards. If the Bills have a love fest for one of these guys and they are sitting at #54, then they may pull the trigger over an RB.  Personally I'd love me some Dobbins, CEH or Swift if for some reason they fall to us in Rd 2. 

Just now, BillsRdue said:

Uche, Lewis, Okwara and Weaver has all been mocked to us at various points and various boards. If the Bills have a love fest for one of these guys and they are sitting at #54, then they may pull the trigger over an RB.  Personally I'd love me some Dobbins, CEH or Swift if for some reason they fall to us in Rd 2. 

I’d be ok drafting Darrell Taylor too, but I think he’ll be gone.

Really hope the bolded aren’t our pick at 54.  None worthy imo. I’d much rather wait and grab a Greenard, Robinson,  Zuniga, Highsmith.  

I feel the difference between those top 5 RBs and the field is MUCH greater than those bolded and the field.  

Who is Zuniga?    Somehow every big board has those guys ranked before #54 yet somebody who is

LATEST DRAFT RANKINGS             https://247sports.com/college/florida/Article/Jabari-Zuniga-2020-NFL-Draft-profile-and-rankings-from-Florida-Gators-Football-145312479/

-

No. 95 overall prospect - CBSSports.com
- No. 120 overall prospect - The Draft Network
- No. 121 overall prospect - ESPN.com
- No. 6 edge prospect - Drafttek.com
- No. 14 defensive end prospect - WalterFootball.com

is better than a guy 50 or 100 slots better.

Every hear of reaching?    Ever hear of "drafting for need" ( and is the 6th DE going to even get on the field- as if that is a need)

Edited by maryland-bills-fan

11 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Overall averages for the top RB

24   Swift

28   Taylor

44   Hilaire

48   Dobbins

....Bills pick at #54

55   Akers

71 Moss

...Bills pick at #86

This is why I really hope we land a rb in rd 2.  

I believe a RB will have the biggest impact on our 2020 and 2021 success

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

This is why I really hope we land a rb in rd 2.  

I believe a RB will have the biggest impact on our 2020 and 2021 success

Overall averages for the top RB

24   Swift

28   Taylor

44   Hilaire

48   Dobbins

....Bills pick at #54

55   Akers

71 Moss

..Bills pick at #86

. Oh,  I see that this chart could be looked at a different way.  I was showing where the Bills picks were. You could also intreprete it as to where I thought the Bills should pick.

11 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

I agree it will be interesting.  I think they build those boards on athletic modeling and RBs tend to model well.  When it gets to how the GMs rate them - my guess is there are many factors that pull into that and position is part of that.  

Based on everything Beane has said over the last several years with regards to the draft - if he has similar rankings and one of those guys is available and is head and shoulders above others - he will take him.  

If Beane has the RB and a CB, OT, or DE available with similar grades at 54 - then he has stated he looks at positional depth both on the team and on the board.  If he looks at the information they have put together and thinks they can get less drop off at RB with a 3rd or 4th round selection because there is more depth in the draft at that position - I would guess he would take a BPA at a position with less draft depth.

The hard part is we will never know exactly what his board or his reasoning is.

I think the general prevailing ideas around the league is that if there is elite talent (Barkley/Elliott) you take that high - other than that you wait until they are far and away the best talent on the board because even elite RBs barely move a win/loss meter.  I think Buffalo may be in a good position for that train of thought.  

Most teams seem to subscribe to the have 3 or 4 guys and don’t worry at all about where you got them.  KC had a terrible running back group and they were Super Bowl Champs, SF running back by committee, NE last year had 4/5 RBs to handle the load.  The Rams had Gurley (big time lead back) and replaced him with a mid season street FA to get to the Super Bowl.  

If the Bills get a guy that falls to them and is highly ranked great, if not the difference with a 3rd, 4th, 5th round guy will be very small - the fit is more important for this team.

I think you make the wrong point about Gurley.  He was probably their best offensive player in 2017 and 2018 when he scored 40 tds and had almost 4000 yds from scrimmage.

His knee problems at the end of 2018 really hurt their Superbowl chances.  If he had shared the load more those years maybe he doesn't break down at the end.  He was a huge reason why they got there and their offense hasn't been the same since.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

2 hours ago, Happy Days Lois & Clark said:

I’d wait on getting a back. Using a high pick on rb’s in back to back years after Singletary busted out over 5ypc doesn’t make sense to me. The Bills could use youth/ starters at other positions which can be under rookie deals for 4 more years.

I look at total yards rushing and receiving.  D.Dawkings should be playing wideout.   He has the best TD percent for all receivers in the league last year.

22 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I see a ton of A.J. Dillon love around here.

i can already see it now, 3rd round passes, people scream for Dillon, 4th round passes still no Dillon, 5th round, cmon man we gotta be taking Dillon here he’s fallen so far!

Someone takes him in the 6,7th , or goes undrafted. Can’t believe we didn’t take that guy he’s a stud. Cut in training camp by 1 of 32 teams. 

not a chance this happens.