Draft menus/parties?

Anyone planning a certain menu for tonight or tomorrow night or doing a family or Zoom party? We have an annual party at a friends house on Day 2 of the draft and sucks that can’t happen this year. Although I will be able to pay better attention to the actual draft, so there is that. 

• Like (+1) 1

Tonight is Sausage, peppers, and onions with tots and leftover Buffalo sauce for dipping and a nice glass of bourbon. Tomorrow is a fresh batch of wings and a 6 pack of Molson. I'll probably just be chilling in the shoutbox or playing a game while streaming the draft. 

After some contemplating I think I'm going to do avocado tequila ice cream with cinnamon sugar tortilla chips Saturday. 

Edited by BuffaloHokie13
Added Saturday
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

No party or Zoom, just started even watching the first round in the last 10 years or so. This year? Will watch every pick of every round!

Been waiting for today to fry up some wings, (Serious Eats confit style) and cast iron pan pizza. Start with 1/2 oz of garden salad so i can say i had something green!

Tomorrow will be pulled pork loaded nachos made on the egg...

No idea on Saturday yet

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Mountain Man said:

In the UK its the usual routine of trying to grab some sleep and then get up. The 1am start time is rough 

That would be a total DVR , watch in the morning without looking at your phone. I still; do this for West Coast games.

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

That would be a total DVR , watch in the morning without looking at your phone. I still; do this for West Coast games.

I can manage it for 1 day, although without the adrenaline rush of the Bills pick or a huge amount of big round 1 storylines, it might be tougher this year .

Day 2 isn't quite as bad as you can sleep in on Saturday. Day 3 is 6pm so becomes easier.

• Like (+1) 1

I have 3 people coming over and a zoom. We are smoking ribs, making rosemary roasted potatoes and a salad. We will start drinking Grapefruit Holy Roller IPA and Bulleit Bourbon. Then move on to the wine as I have a few nice bottles to crack (8 Years in the Dessert, Sexual Chocolate and Belle Gos Pinot Noir). The guys will watch the draft and include the dudes on the zoom call. The girls will sit around and talk about Vanderpump Rules and the most recent Taylor Swift song (or whatever girls talk about). I’m sure we will then be criticized for our draft obsession.

• Like (+1) 1

It'll be just the wife, my little guy, and me in the old man cave. We will be loading up on sausages, wings, pizza and of course beer! I always love draft day and getting together with fellow fans. We will set up a zoom this year but it just wont be the same in the cave. 

IMG_4797.jpg

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, njodogg said:

It'll be just the wife, my little guy, and me in the old man cave. We will be loading up on sausages, wings, pizza and of course beer! I always love draft day and getting together with fellow fans. We will set up a zoom this year but it just wont be the same in the cave. 

IMG_4797.jpg

Sweet TV set up. I agree it won’t be the same without my crew. 

24 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I have 3 people coming over and a zoom. We are smoking ribs, making rosemary roasted potatoes and a salad. We will start drinking Grapefruit Holy Roller IPA and Bulleit Bourbon. Then move on to the wine as I have a few nice bottles to crack (8 Years in the Dessert, Sexual Chocolate and Belle Gos Pinot Noir). The guys will watch the draft and include the dudes on the zoom call. The girls will sit around and talk about Vanderpump Rules and the most recent Taylor Swift song (or whatever girls talk about). I’m sure we will then be criticized for our draft obsession.

tenor.gif

• Haha (+1) 6