[Misleading Title]

Just merge the thread with the draft rumors - where this is being discussed already and we don’t have to worry about the title.

The Lions are the key to this draft.  I hope they don’t screw it up.  I want to see some heavy trade action.

54 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Just merge the thread with the draft rumors - where this is being discussed already and we don’t have to worry about the title.

The Lions are the key to this draft.  I hope they don’t screw it up.  I want to see some heavy trade action.

I think this can stand on its own.  Too pages in the draft rumors to sift through

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, MJS said:

Bradford. That guy raped the NFL. $130 Million paid over his career for basically nothing.

Sure wish I pulled that off, ?

He didn’t force himself on the franchises, they were consensual and willing partners/johns.  Any of us would have done the same. ?
   That and taking money from a corporate monopolies  should be everyone’s goal.?

Go Bills!!!

7 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

I hope they don't get Tua. I think he will be exceptional.

I think the talent around him at Alabama and his injury history give him a good chance to fail.  This makes more sense (for the Lions, than dropping down to 18) and it has to be for a QB and not a LT.

20 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I think this can stand on its own.  Too pages in the draft rumors to sift through

Yeah, but your opinion doesn’t count.

It won’t last long with ‘Misleading Title’ as the topic.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, dezertbill said:

How is that a misleading title?  The quote from the writer specifically states that the Lions are planning on picking 5th which is the Dolphins pick, and the Lions owned the 3rd.  That has been the rumored trade for months.   My title specifically addresses "swapping" the 3rd and 5th picks, no other compensation. ?

Your title implied the deal was completed.

I thought folks would appreciate it if the title stated it was still speculation or a rumor at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Bradford and Pennington were exceptional...... until injuries kept occurring. 

Bradford was never exceptional. One of the most overrated prospects in history.  Pennington had a Rag for an arm.

Tua is far and away more talent than those 2 but injuries are the huge Risk.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Bradford was never exceptional. One of the most overrated prospects in history.  Pennington had a Rag for an arm.

Tua is far and away more talent than those 2 but injuries are the huge Risk.  

At the time Bradford has one of the best rookie seasons by a QB... then injuries and a lack of development. 

The fact that Pennington stayed in the league with the post-surgery arm strength of a toddler is indicative of his exceptional timing, vision and accuracy. Not that his arm strength was average before hand, but managing a 66% completion percentage when all you can do is lob wounded ducks is insane. The injuries happened though, and so did the fourth quarter INTs on deep outs. 

I agree that Tua has more talent than either. The injury concerns are legit though, as injuries have derailed plenty of promising careers. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Hardhatharry said:

OMG the drafts tomorrow!?!?

Tomorrow is now today & i am so excited there  will be something to look forward to even though the Bills will not have a pick in the first round i will be able to sit & actually enjoy a night in front of the boob tube (as the old man use to call it) watching what players will be taken & who the Bills can plan for tomorrow !

Unless of course there is something i forgot on the honey do list ... ?

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 2