Tre White's 5th year option.

30 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Hopefully we prioritize an extension after the draft. 

I’m sure they do prioritize it. But no way Tre’s agent wants him signing anything anytime soon. His value will never be lower than it is today. The longer he waits, the more his price tag rises as other CBs set market. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m sure they do prioritize it. But no way Tre’s agent wants him signing anything anytime soon. His value will never be lower than it is today. The longer he waits, the more his price tag rises as other CBs set market. 

His value will obviously be lower if he gets injured. 

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Hopefully we prioritize an extension after the draft. 

That's my thought as well. It will spread the cap hit out. Wait, isn't that what a smart team would do?

1 minute ago, bilzfancy said:

Exactly, that's taking a big chance....a bird in the hand......

Exactly. 

Annual salary is one thing, but guaranteed money is what these players really care about.

Throw him a 5 year, $85 mil extension with $46 mil guaranteed and I think he'd sign. 

He'd set his family up for life, and if he gets injured and blows out a knee and never returns to form he'll have protected himself. 

To the back and forth on is he risking injury or not, does he want to sign immediately or not... Im sure he has injury insurance, as all big starts do, especially coming up on contracts.  he personally is probably mostly indifferent with a slight bias to signing extension earlier for the future certainty of what his life looks like.  Other than that hes probably hiding from coronavirus, working out, and looking forward to getting out and playing football like the rest of us