Red Star Players

2 hours ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

I’ve watched him play (live at Aloha Stadium) a few times and I’m not seeing the same things you are.  Specifically, his on field decision making and understanding of the game seem questionable to me.  I definitely don’t see him blending in with Buffalo.  But a really nice guy and only wish him well.

I might have seen him on his best night...man he was on and throwing just bullets through the terrible weather. 

Zack Baun is a guy that I think has a chance to be a star. He’s going late 1st to early 2nd so it’s tough to include him. 

Alex Highsmith is another one for me. He’s a rich man’s Julian Okwara imo. He has a lot of the similarities except he has elite production not just the same skill set. He’s a guy that could go in the fourth and duplicate Maxx Crosby’s rookie numbers.

• Like (+1) 2

McFarland - RB from Maryland

Gandy-Golden - everyone knows his name, but if he's Drafted in the 5th or later, I think his Re-Draft value is 2nd Round

Anthony Gordon, QB Wash. St. - I think his lower body mechanics can get sloppy and that needs coaching, but his touch, NFL arm, leading receivers are all there IMO, so while I have no idea where he'll get Drafted (if at all) because QBs are an enigma in terms of projecting where they'll get taken, i.e. Daniel Jones, I think he's a low round pick that ends up being very good for the *right* team. Meaning he goes to a team like Miami, and I just don't know if Flores has the chops to develop him but a team like Green Bay, and I can see him being quite good. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

KJ Hill, WR Ohio State

In today's sports section of the Washington Post it listed KJ Hill as a player that the Redskins would be interested in. The Skins best receiver last year was McClaren, a third round pick. Not only was he their best receiver but also was one of the leaders on the team. Their qb, Haskins, is also an Ohio State product. So this franchise is well aware of the talent on that particular campus.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Zack Baun is a guy that I think has a chance to be a star. He’s going late 1st to early 2nd so it’s tough to include him. 

Alex Highsmith is another one for me. He’s a rich man’s Julian Okwara imo. He has a lot of the similarities except he has elite production not just the same skill set. He’s a guy that could go in the fourth and duplicate Maxx Crosby’s rookie numbers.

On more than a few occasions I have heard draft analysts compare Baun to Teddy Bruschi. He's the embodiment of the notion that performance trumps measurables. He's a Bellichick type of guy. Smart and productive. 

Edited by JohnC

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

On more than a few occasions I have heard draft analysts compare Baun to Teddy Bruschi. He's the embodiment of the notion that performance trumps measurables. He's a Bellichick type of guy. Smart and productive. 

I think Baun is well ahead of Bruschi in terms of athleticism. He came in to UW as a dual-threat QB and left as an All-American edge defender. He’s still learning but has a chance to be a star imo.

As an OSU fan my perception of certain guys is formed based on how they perform against the Buckeyes. 99% of the time the talent on the Ohio State side is far superior to the team that they are lining up against. The only teams on par, top to bottom are Alabama, Clemson and LSU. There are times though that an opposing player jumps of the screen against them. Go watch the game that Khalil Mack played at the Shoe. He was unstoppable.  Baun’s performances this year weren’t to that level but they were very, very good. He was one of the best couple of players on the field. As a guy that’s still ascending that’s says a lot to me. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, JohnC said:

In today's sports section of the Washington Post it listed KJ Hill as a player that the Redskins would be interested in. The Skins best receiver last year was McClaren, a third round pick. Not only was he their best receiver but also was one of the leaders on the team. Their qb, Haskins, is also an Ohio State product. So this franchise is well aware of the talent on that particular campus.  

KJ Hill has just been so productive, but he isn’t a big performer with his metrics.  I see him as a guy that’ll likely go in the 4th or 5th round and wind up a quality #2 WR in the league.  One caveat is that I think he’ll need to be paired with an accurate QB.  I don’t think Haskins is that guy, but he would be a killer opposite Michael Thomas with Brees throwing to him.

I also think Quintez Cephus, WR from Wisconsin, will be a steal in the 6th or 7th round and be a quality #3 possession receiver.  Again, he isn’t testing that well, but he just gets open.

If I’m looking to acquire WRs to play with Haskins, then I’m focusing on ones who get the best separation and have a big catch radius.  Beane has done an excellent job of finding WRs how separate well for Allen.  Diggs is literally the best in the NFL st that.  Beasley and Ross both excel at it too.  It will help Allen see the field and find his targets.  I think Haskins could use that too.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think Baun is well ahead of Bruschi in terms of athleticism. He came in to UW as a dual-threat QB and left as an All-American edge defender. He’s still learning but has a chance to be a star imo.

As an OSU fan my perception of certain guys is formed based on how they perform against the Buckeyes. 99% of the time the talent on the Ohio State side is far superior to the team that they are lining up against. The only teams on par, top to bottom are Alabama, Clemson and LSU. There are times though that an opposing player jumps of the screen against them. Go watch the game that Khalil Mack played at the Shoe. He was unstoppable.  Braun’s performances this year weren’t to that level but they were very, very good. He was one of the best couple of players on the field. As a guy that’s still ascending that’s says a lot to me. 

So then, you would you consider Jonathan Taylor's performance against OSU a red flag?

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

So then, you would you consider Jonathan Taylor's performance against OSU a red flag?

Absolutely!! It’s always in the back of my head when he is mentioned. I wouldn’t have an issue if he were the pick but it certainly gives me pause.

He had a big 1st half in the Big 10 championship game this year but other than that he’s been missing against OSU. In some situations you could say that it’s hard to run against a team with OSU’s talent but I’ve never heard anyone complain about the quality of Wisconsin’s OL. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

really wanted Crosby last year.  Hopefully we get Highsmith. 

Tyler Johnson, WR, Minn.  13 TD's last year, great route runner.  

Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolina

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Absolutely!! It’s always in the back of my head when he is mentioned. I wouldn’t have an issue if he were the pick but it certainly gives me pause.

He had a big 1st half in the Big 10 championship game this year but other than that he’s been missing against OSU. In some situations you could say that it’s hard to run against a team with OSU’s talent but I’ve never heard anyone complain about the quality of Wisconsin’s OL. 

Yup, that's where I'm at.  Wisconsin usually has a great OL and has produced some heralded RB's.  But once they get to the NFL, they rarely live up to their hype.