Red Star Players

In The scouting community are red star is a guy who will vastly outperform his draft slot

Guys who scouts will pound the table for knowing that they will be good pros

Who are some of your red star players this draft?

My biggest red star is Joey Banks, safety UB.

Likely a undrafted free agent, I believe Banks physicality and instincts will ultimately carve him out a role on an NFL roster. Where he should shine on special teams and possibly develop into a box safety with some good traits

His physicality, awareness and nose for the football are all above-average and he was arguably UBs best defensive player last season

Since he's supposed to be an undrafted free agent,  Joey Banks is my biggest red star player

• Like (+1) 1

Cole McDonald, QB, U-Hawaii

September 28th, 2019 I am in the stands for a University of NV - Reno - Hawaii game.  It is sleeting, snowing and windy.  Cole McDonald lights up UNR with lasers into and with the wind.  25-30-312 yards and 4TDs.  The kid has an arm and is accurate in the worst of conditions.  He runs a 4.58 40.  6'3" 215- with a really live and accurate arm.  Projected as 6-7 and someone is going to get a steal.  Draft profiles say he has weak arm but that's not what I saw on a cold, rainy, sleety, snowy night in Reno.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Jalon Elliot FS Notre Dame - Confidant kid, has some fire, solid build. I see him being a better pro than college. Looks the part had a decent week at the Senior Bowl. Think he’s a round 6 type.

Also I’d like to see Lamar Jackson CB from Nebraska move to FS. Big kid, decent skills, would just like to see what he can do from centerfield keeping everything in front of him vs playing bump and run CB.

Terrell Lewis -  Will be 2 years removed from ACL injury. Seems like Alabama asked him to stay home a lot.  When he was allowed to pin his ears back and rush the QB, he looked like Clowney at times.  I think he will be a better pro than college player.  Crazy potential.  

34 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Tryout call at best

Work on your release and route running

You mean release my beer and run to the bathroom? I do that all the time. AND I'm my own agent which saves at least 15%, I can be had for like $100K a season. A true no-brainer.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JoeF said:

Cole McDonald, QB, U-Hawaii

September 28th, 2019 I am in the stands for a University of NV - Reno - Hawaii game.  It is sleeting, snowing and windy.  Cole McDonald lights up UNR with lasers into and with the wind.  25-30-312 yards and 4TDs.  The kid has an arm and is accurate in the worst of conditions.  He runs a 4.58 40.  6'3" 215- with a really live and accurate arm.  Projected as 6-7 and someone is going to get a steal.  Draft profiles say he has weak arm but that's not what I saw on a cold, rainy, sleety, snowy night in Reno.

I’ve watched him play (live at Aloha Stadium) a few times and I’m not seeing the same things you are.  Specifically, his on field decision making and understanding of the game seem questionable to me.  I definitely don’t see him blending in with Buffalo.  But a really nice guy and only wish him well.