If we won a Super Bowl in a possible shortened season, how would you feel??

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great. I think come playoff time everything should be normal. If not who cares about the Super Bowl honestly. 

They should change the start time of the season to  early December. Play a 12 game 13 week season vs only conference opponents. Regular season runs through early March. Super Bowl in mid April. Free agency in May. Draft in June. No OTAs, no mandatory mini camps or offseason programs. Start training camp normal late July or early August next year.

There, that was easy enough. TV contract people can figure it all out. March and April are dead months for sports. They'll easily fit in NFL.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

4 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

hypothetically speaking.....if we were to have let's say an 8 game season and were to win the Super Bowl, would it feel less legit to you? The 1982 season was a shortened 9 game season and I always wondered how the Redskins fans felt about that. I would be happy but I do think it would feel sort of empty. What would you all think?

Why are we the only team with a shortened schedule?

Real damn happy!!!  ??

Every year ?‍♂️. Every STINKIN’ Year!? This thread gets resurrected from the Orchard Park Indian burial site like it’s the 2nd coming. No coincidence it’s typically near Easter, either..?

Every year, the same Rasputin zombies (myself included) crawl out of the ground staggering aimlessly, wailing ghoulishly  “It’s TAINTED!”..

As stated hundreds of times, including here, there have been many championships awarded in shortened seasons and many more in the years preceding the addition of multiple regular season games -in all sports. Newsflash: none of the trophies contain an asterisk (*). 

(tap bar)

https://i.gifer.com/Wtfn.gif

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Just fine.

That Fins win in the shortened season you talked about? I was living in Rosslyn, just across the bridge from Georgetown that year. I jogged over the bridge and the fans were going absolutely fricking insane. Traffic was stopped on M Street and every single car was hammering on the horns while fans on the sidewalks jumped up on hoods and danced and nobody in the cars minded. They didn't mind one tiny little bit that it was a shortened season. Then or now.

That one that was really close in the 4th quarter with the Fins ahead 17-3 and 10:10 remaining in the 4th and Washington goes for it on 4th and one, and everyone knows it's going to Riggins and it does and Miami packs the box and when Riggins busts through the line there's nobody left between him and the goal and he sprints 43 yards for a TD, and Washington goes on to win?

Any football fan older than about five years old at that point does. It was a terrific game.

How many remember that Washington had gone 8-1 that year in a shortened season? Not many. How many Washington fans care? Basically none do. That Riggins run is one of the franchise's iconic moments, still played on local TV again and again and again.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

hypothetically speaking.....if we were to have let's say an 8 game season and were to win the Super Bowl, would it feel less legit to you? The 1982 season was a shortened 9 game season and I always wondered how the Redskins fans felt about that. I would be happy but I do think it would feel sort of empty. What would you all think?

The Redskins also won it in 1987, another strike-shortened season, with a different QB. And they won the SB in 1991 too, with yet another QB. I'd say they felt prettty good about their seasons. Does anyone question the legitamacy of their 1982 and 1987 titles? Nope.

Edited by The Fiend

6 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Great!  No apologies at all.  In a shortened season all teams have the same chance.  Empty,  not at all.  Bring it on!