If we won a Super Bowl in a possible shortened season, how would you feel??

15 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

hypothetically speaking.....if we were to have let's say an 8 game season and were to win the Super Bowl, would it feel less legit to you? The 1982 season was a shortened 9 game season and I always wondered how the Redskins fans felt about that. I would be happy but I do think it would feel sort of empty. What would you all think?

Now see, I didn't even remember that '82 was a shortened season and I do remember the Skins winning the SB because I lived in Tampa at the time.  It seemed like from what I recall that there was a heck of a lot of hoopla related to  the SB in the several weeks leading up to the event.  Guess what I'm saying is - I would feel great.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it go in the record books as being the SB champion for the year ? If so & it counts as a SB then that would be a huge reason for Buffalo to party !!

Like McD said last year about the schedule "we can only control what we can control" .

Just saying ..

Edited by T master

28 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'd be totally fine. What would suck is listening to trolls trying to discount it.

I'm not a troll. It's just something I thought about. I would be happy but I feel like most people wouldn't consider it legit.

1 hour ago, Charles Romes said:

After 100 seasons (both sports) without a title you gladly take it whatever way you can get it. 

Im not sure I would enjoy it though not being permitted to attend games (nobody in attendance) and not being able to enjoy it with friends, going out, parade, etc.  Not only would it feel strange and in a vacuum....  it would be like some sort of twilight zone/alfred hitchcock tragedy.  I would forever feel like I/we missed out.  

Shortened season with fans and all... sure.  I dont want to hear otherwise.  Ill bathe in the Title.  

22 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

hypothetically speaking.....if we were to have let's say an 8 game season and were to win the Super Bowl, would it feel less legit to you? The 1982 season was a shortened 9 game season and I always wondered how the Redskins fans felt about that. I would be happy but I do think it would feel sort of empty. What would you all think?

A ring is a ring...