If we won a Super Bowl in a possible shortened season, how would you feel??

52 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

hypothetically speaking.....if we were to have let's say an 8 game season and were to win the Super Bowl, would it feel less legit to you? The 1982 season was a shortened 9 game season and I always wondered how the Redskins fans felt about that. I would be happy but I do think it would feel sort of empty. What would you all think?

I would feel like SB Champions 

• Like (+1) 1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve Ben waiting since I was 3 when OJ in a 14 game season ran for over 2000 yards of which to date I don’t believe anyone has done in 14 games fan damn tastic.  Regardless of the number of games, we’re all playing the same number of games so yeah, I could care less whether we win a 16 game season and win the Lombardi, or an 8 game season with no fans in the seats.  My dad who is hitting 90 this summer has been waiting since the beginning of the foolish 8 and the 1st SB for us to win.

I think he would die a happy man to finally our beloved Bills take it home.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Success said:

I’d drink a case and streak through town, a la Old School.  Then I’d call every friend I ever had to let them know we won the SB.  Then I’d drink some more.

So, I’d feel pretty good about it.

DESPITE all that, I’m still all in for the win! 

We play the same number of games as everyone else. You win, you WIN! 

No need to burn couches or cars.  Stay classy, you burning table jumping bowling ball shot drinkers! 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I'm not gonna lie....it wouldn't feel as good as winning one in a regular season.

If the question is "would you rather win one or not win one during a shortened season?", well yeah, obviously I'd rather win one.

But the Bills winning their first ever Lombardi in, say, a 12 game season, and/or with no fans in the stands? Yuck. It wouldn't feel the same.

That’s the part that would get me. If after everything else I wouldn’t have been able to see any of it in person during a super bowl season, that would eventually hurt a little. This year was the most fun season in a very long time and the playoff game sure did hurt, but it it was an awesome experience being there. Granted, I’ll take it 100/100 times and be damn happy about it. But that would be my “petty whine” moment way after the fact. 

• Like (+1) 2