If we won a Super Bowl in a possible shortened season, how would you feel??

hypothetically speaking.....if we were to have let's say an 8 game season and were to win the Super Bowl, would it feel less legit to you? The 1982 season was a shortened 9 game season and I always wondered how the Redskins fans felt about that. I would be happy but I do think it would feel sort of empty. What would you all think?

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Sad 1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not gonna lie....it wouldn't feel as good as winning one in a regular season.

If the question is "would you rather win one or not win one during a shortened season?", well yeah, obviously I'd rather win one.

But the Bills winning their first ever Lombardi in, say, a 12 game season, and/or with no fans in the stands? Yuck. It wouldn't feel the same.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

hypothetically speaking.....if we were to have let's say an 8 game season and were to win the Super Bowl, would it feel less legit to you? The 1982 season was a shortened 9 game season and I always wondered how the Redskins fans felt about that. I would be happy but I do think it would feel sort of empty. What would you all think?

I would feel like a Champion and love it!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Skins fans didn't care one bit (I was living in DC).  They lined the streets for that parade.  And I wouldn't care either; if the league establishes and recognizes a season that's all I need.  Each team is playing within the same parameters and there will be a winner.  It would only matter to individuals who will never be satisfied or Twitter trolls whose team didn't win, who can get in the heads of the never satisfied.  I will be celebrating, to hell with the rest.

Edited by purple haze
  • Like (+1) 2

Yeah its a shortened season, but it also means every game is that much more important & if we won the Super Bowl it'd mean we won those crucial games more than anyone else.

So on one hand you can say it'd be less legit bcuz of 8 games, on the other hand you can say it'd be more difficult given the less margin for error & time to get the ship rolling.

I for sure would be perfectly fine with winning the 'Bowl  & i'm sure any teams fans would

As a Spurs fan, the 1999 championship is the one I remember most of their titles.  Yes, it was in the strike-shortened season, but it was the first one for the team.  There is nothing like living in the moment of it happening that first time.  

• Like (+1) 1

Dialing it back a little, how empty would it be for long time season ticket holders if our first home playoff win since forever was played in an empty stadium? 

I'm an out of towner who has only been to a few Bills home games, but that would bother me. Not enough to not want or be able to enjoy the win though.