OJ Howard likely available after Gronk Trade - Do we want him?

I know I wanted him out of college. From what I'm reading I think I still would like him on the team. I think his value has gone down on a technicallity from what I'm reading. I could be wrong. It seemed like other teams fans was saying "if they used him right." I haven't read any Bucs fans saying that and so I haven't researched it at all either. To me fair compensation seems like a 3rd or a 4th and maybe another later pick conservatively. Just by pure raw talent and the fact that he'd be the 4th option for 2 years on a cheap contract? Uh yeah I'd like some of that. Red Zone TD's would justify it alone.

Edited by akcash

8 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I say we go after Howard and Fournette and push our stacks all in on this season.  Maybe a 4th for Fournette and a 5th for Howard?

That's a gangbusters move!!  Two players who have definitely not lived up to their potential.  But both great athletes, who have high ceilings.  I think they upgrade the offense a good amount where all you need is one WR and an edge rusher with our first two picks.  And use the last 3 to hit on a couple undervalued talents at the best position available.. (all you guys who think we need to draft another corner high.  we could draft three in the last two rounds just to make you all happy)

The Bucs will probably use tlan offense similar to the Pats when they had the two TEs.

Evans, Gronk, Howard and Godwin on the field together would be difficult to stop. Imagine if the Bucs some how got Edelman to use as their slot receiver. Offense would go as far.

8 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Honestly, I think they might just outright release him with Gronk there now. He hasn't quite lived up to his draft position. He's a monster freak athlete but in 3 seasons hasn't quite put it together yet. Mabe part of that is Jameis Winston though, I don't know

Winston was lasered in on Evans and Godwin.  Having watched a ton of Bucs games, Winston had tunnel vision.  Fitz when here distributed much more liberally to the entire offense.  As I mentioned Howard is a definite upgrade over Kroft and Smith combined, but neither would help against the cap.  Too bad as he could help us as another win.

• Like (+1) 1